That being said, to follow is a short list of some of the things I am thankful for (otherwise you'd be reading my list for hours LOL as I am thankful for SO many things in my life).
- First and foremost, I am thankful for having Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. Life wouldn't be worth living without Him in my life!
- I'm thankful for my wonderful family - my husband and kids who bring me such joy and provide me with many wonderful memories to store in my heart :D
- I'm thankful for my mother and the way she gives so freely and loves to help so many around her.
- I'm thankful for my wonderful in-laws. Yes, I love them to bits, really!! and am so thankful for them all. I am truly blessed with a great extended family.
- I'm thankful for my health and being able to do all I want to do.
- I'm thankful for the beautiful part of the world I live in. Living on the coast and having mountains and the ocean in the same area is amazing. Heck you could ski half a day and then go wind surfing or sailing the other half if you wanted to!
- I'm thankful for the beauty of nature in this area - from the majestic snow capped mountains you can see near by, to the wild bunnies and birds in our back yard to the changing leaves at this time of year and a lot more in between!
- I'm thankful for the wonderful school my kids go to and the teachers they have this year.
- I'm thankful for all my friends who will tell me what I "need to hear" and not just what I "want to hear" and who love me warts and all.
- I'm thankful for the hard times in my life that build my character, strength and faith in God. I'm not always thankful for them while I'm going through them, of course, but afterwards when I have a chance to reflect back and think about what I've learned by going through them, I am often amazed at how I have grown as a person because of them and can in turn walk beside and help someone who is going through what I went through.
- I'm thankful for the wonderful world of SCS and blog land. The information, tutorials, fabulous cards, and opportunity to expand your card making skills is endless in these venues! They have trained, stretched, challenged and strengthened my "one creative gene" to levels I NEVER thought it could grow to. My card making skills have improved ten fold and my one creative gene is getting stronger and stronger every day :D
- I'm thankful for those of you who come and visit my little corner of Blog Land (((hugs))). I appreciate each and every visit and comment you leave. A short year ago I never would have imagined myself having a blog never mind anyone coming to visit it. Thank you for joining me in my card making journey :D I look forward to the year ahead and sharing it with you!
Blessings to all of you and I'll make sure to eat some turkey and yams for you - yummmm. DH is a gourmet chef (lucky I am!!!) and we always have an amazing meal :D I, on the other hand, am a great sues chef and cleaner upper, but I don't mind in the least as my meal wouldn't be anywhere near as good as his LOL!
I will post as soon as I can as my craft room/guest room is being occupied at the moment. Good part is I had to clean up my craft area and it is very neat and tidy now versus the "looks like a bomb went off" version it often looks like!! I made a deal with my daughter - I'll keep my craft area clean and she has to keep her room clean. It's going to be a challenge for both of us, but a good one to keep us both on our toes LOL! Anyway, our company will be leaving today and my craft room/guest room will be occupied by me shortly thereafter so I'll be posting this week's Verve sketch with a Twist, Mojo Monday sketch and Mercy's Tuesday sketch as soon as I can get them done.
Thanks for stopping by :D