Monday, June 28, 2010

Connie and Mary Go Green


I was blurfing the other day and tripped across this fun sketch on Create with Connie and Mary's blog.  Loved the layout and decided to combine it with this week's Stamping 411's Colour Inspiration Challenge.  Thank you to all you talented stampers who share your sketches and colour combo creations on line.  I would be lost without you!!    

I was having a hard time with just three colours when two of them were greens, but the black accents helped balance things off.  I fudged the sketch a bit by adding the second flower, so hopefully the challenge police will not come after me.

I succumbed to yet another card with some Vintage Vogue on it.....think I need one of my kids to hide this set so I don't keep using it LOL!  I originally had a butterfly (my other obsessive addiction right now) by the sentiment with a butterfly trail, but I couldn't settle on the colour of half pearls for the trail so I went with the flowers instead.  What can I say, it was late and I couldn't make a decision for the life of me LOL!

Have a fabulous day :) 





What's In It?
Stamps:  Echoes of Kindness, Vintage Vogue
Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Old Olive, So Saffron
Accessories:  Leafy Branch Embossing Folder, SU Scalloped Border Punch, 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Black Button, Black Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Good Morning Marisa!!! The layout and the color combo look wonderful...I think I have to borrow the sketch too!!! But where is your card...he,he,he?!? Hugs~S~

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Marisa!! Keep on using that set, your creations with it is awesome!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Marisa! Such a happy card! :)

Kristina said...

I'm loving your new blog look!! Was this here yesterday? Butterflies are so perfect for your blog!

This card turned out beautifully. I agree that those little pops of black really gave your card that extra little "umph." And the two flowers balance out the single bow on the other side.

I was pink slipped back in March, but finally got a letter in my school mailbox the last week of school saying to report for work in late August! I was elated, and feel incredibly blessed!! I am most likely going to be in first grade again (didn't even have to pack up my room, phew!).

I love the Outlander series!! One of my old co-workers introduced me to Jaime and Claire about a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. A true addiction. Those books are so hard to put down! I shared them with my mom, whom quickly called to complain that she wasn't getting any sleep because she had to keep reading, lol. Enjoy the series!! I'm reading two books at one right now (needed a brain break from Brain Rules, hehe). I ordered the sequel to Hunger Games (the first book was sooooo good!), and read about a third of it last night, hehe. It's another addicting story.

Enjoy your last two days of stamping freedom!

Mary Brown said...

Marisa -- this is truly FABULOUS take on the sketch! I love your yellow and green flowers! Your use of the Vintage Vogue set is GREAT! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi again :)!!! Marisa your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! You used these colors perfectly!!! Love this Vintage Set too and it looks wonderful with the sentiment!!! Hugs ~S~

Wanda Cullen said...

You know I love green, Marisa, so this is bound to rank high with me. :-) Hey, as long as it's summer, you just keep on keeping on with that set...we'll be stamping snowflakes soon enough, so I hope to see flowers and butterflies for a long time yet!

Wanda Cullen said...

It's me again...LOVE your new blog BG with all the butterflies! Neato!

Sue said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, I just love the flowers in those colours! love the new blog layout too!! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Marisa!

looks like somebody got a blog-lift! LOVE IT!

Maureen said...

so sweet :) love the colours and that sentiment is the best :) I took it out of the set and kept it but sold the rest of the set at the garage sale...sometimes I do that!!! EEK!!! LOL

Connie Babbert said...

GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors with the Vintage Vogue set. Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge this week!

Linda Callahan said...

No challenge police for you - this is beautiful! Also love the blog makeover :)