Saturday, June 26, 2010

Curtain Call Act 36



Hard to believe the kids are out of school on Tuesday!  Where did the year go?!  That being said, if things get quiet here for the next few months, that is why.  I'm hoping now that the kids are a bit older I will be able to sneak into my stamping room a bit more this summer, but only time will tell if that is a reality or simply a pipe dream LOL!  Needless to say, I'm taking full advantage of the next two days :)

Sorry, I regressed....on to the card!  These are fabulous colours together.  They definitely lend themselves to a masculine card, but once again, I did otherwise :)  Where is a Sizzex star die when you need it LOL! 

Loved this Waltzingmouse sketch when I saw it, and decided to use it for this week's Curtain Call challenge.  Since Vintage Vogue was still out on my desk (actually it just never gets put away LOL!), it was an easy decision to use it :)  I stamped the kraft panel with the vine image from the set, used SU's border punch to frame the kraft panel and finished things off with some sheer, navy ribbon. 

The rest of the Curtain Call Crew as well as our June Guest Designer have some samples for your inspiration. 
And, our June Guest Designer, Christina MacLaren at Seaglass and Sentiments


We'd love it if you joined us too!!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to Mr. Linky on Stacey's blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword Curtain Call 36.  Each week, Stacey will select one person to receive her "I Got The Lead At The Curtain Call"  Award as well as five people to receive her "I'm A Top 5 Curtain Call Show Stopper" Award which you can post on your blog, so come on over and join the fun!

Thanks for keeping me company today :)  Have a fabulous day!




What's In It?
Stamps:  (SU) Vintage Vogue
Paper:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Kraft, White
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Real Red
Accessories:  Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU Border Punch, 5/8" Sheer Navy Ribbon, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

19 comments:

Maureen said...

so beautiful, Marisa...interesting colours this week :) The red really pops off the other neutrals :) Oh, I officially got that job I told you about so I'm moving my classroom this week...might be quiet on my blog for a few days...LOL Once I get into the new school, it will be pretty exciting...a whole new challenge...it's a middle to high income area and I've only ever taught at inner city schools...so different issues and problems...but a nice change :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Simply amazing, my friend! Love this delicate ribbon... adds grace to the design :)

Sue said...

Absolutely spectacular Marisa! what a great set to use with these colours! I hope you get to sneak into the stamping room (definately not a pipe dream!), a little bit of Marisa time is wonderful for the soul and not to mention for us too, I know you will share your creations!!! :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

beautiful! I really like the dots on the white for texture. I hope you get the stamping time you need to keep you from going crazy with the kids home!
liz :o)

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty Marisa! I love the stamping on the kraft cardstock, and the ribbon is the perfect touch! I love that sketch too...I may have to try it out!! Great job with the colors this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Vicki Dutcher said...

OH MY! LOVE THE COLORS!! I will be playing in this challenge! Fabulous card~

Vicki Burdick said...

super sweet Marisa!! Love the swiss dot and this weeks color combo is awesome, love what you have done with the colors!!!

Amy White said...

Beautiful card Marissa! Love the mix of these colours with this stamp set - just gorgeous!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful, Marisa!

Christina said...

I love your feminine take on these colors! They work beautifully on your card, especially with that gorgeous border punch and sheer bow! Wonderful job, Marisa!

Kristina said...

So, I received this beautiful card in the mail from you yesterday. As soon as I opened I almost squealed... It was the card I LOVED from a few weeks ago.

Marisa, your card meant more than words can express to me. Thank you so much for your friendship! I will continue to keep both you and your church in my prayers as you continue to seek wisdom and change.

My summer is officially off to a great start! One wedding down (bf) and one more to go! But I thankfully have a few weeks off inbetween the two. Lots of stamping time in my future. :) Enjoy your last few days of "freedom!" But also cherish your summer with the boys.

Now to check out the rest of your amazing creations from the last few weeks. :)

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love the embossing, edge punch, and stamping! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, RICH colors!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Marisa!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marisa!!! You really rocked the colors and the sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

TannyP said...

A fabulous color combo this week and an amazing job on that sketch. As usual, incredible work!

Shelley said...

Lovin' your card Marisa! What a super combination of the challenges! You are going to make me buy that set one of these days! I know the kiddies are out of school now...so enjoy yourself the next few months!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! What a girly take on this week's colors :)

Linda Callahan said...

I love these colors together - also love how you used red as the accent color! Very pretty!