Saturday, September 18, 2010

Echos of Kindness


Loved this Colour Throwdown combo when I saw it and knew I wanted to use it.  I don't own any Razzleberry yet, so I substituted Rose Red.  Even more fun was getting totally giddy about being able to play with my new Verve flowers while making this card!!  I just love this gorgeous flower!

This Inkspirations sketch was a perfect fit!  I cut and layered the flower, but it seemed a bit dull so I added glitter to all the layers, and to myself LOL!  This got me laughing out loud because a few days ago Andrea Ewen was commenting about being covered in red sparkles after putting them on a Verve flower :)  We'd be a great, sparkly pair at a Christmas Party LOL!  In addition, it brought to mind a line from a great Veggie Tale.  It's the one about the story of Shadrack, Mishack and Abednego and the fiery furnace.  The line I am relating to right about now is when they have been tossed into the fiery furnace and Mr. Lundt says "Hey boss, there are four of them in there and one is reeeeeeeal shiny".

Julee has done an amazing job combining fonts on this fabulous Mother Teresa quote!!  I think we have all benefited from the kind words of others and it is a good reminder to be the one who shares kind words (not just thinks them) and touches the lives of others in ways we may never know.

My son's soccer team gets a bye this weekend and we don't have much planned - a lull before future weekend storms LOL!!  Weather permitting, I hope to clean out my summer planters and replace them with winter pansies.  In addition, I need to clean up my stamp!  Let's just say I've been having a bit too much fun with my new found "mommy time" and neglected the tidy up side of stamping.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone :)





What's In It?
Stamps:  Verve - Echoes of Kindness, Great Friend, (PTI) Turning A New Leaf
Paper:  Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Basic Great DSP
Ink:  Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Accessories:  Scalloped Scissors, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Black Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Christina said...

Hello, gorgeous glittered flowers! Love these stamps and the quote. I will have to drop some Verve into my cart soon instead of just window shopping! Beautiful job with the challenges. I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! YOU are having fun with your new stamps!! Colors are perfect and great choice of sketch!! Sparkling {he,he}card!!

Maureen said...

Oh, what lovely stamps!!! (finally!!)...and a gorgeous colour combo :) I hope you do have razzleberry on a wish list... I think you will fall head over heels!! I got the cardstock and grosgrain ribbon...it looks great with almost any colour :) Oh, you are so lucky to have flowers in the winter!!! We will probably pull the flowers on the long weekend and then it's just snow until the tulips in spring :( LOVE pansies :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning as always! xx

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty Marisa! Boy that font looks so beautiful behind the flower and the soft leaves!

Emily Keaton said...

Yes, stunning is the word of the day!! Such a gorgeous card. I always loved that Veggie Tales episode :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Marissa!! I so love that big flower with the sparkle. I love the fonts on your sentiment. Gorgeous take on the sketch!
Glad you are having time for you and can enjoy stamping. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

N - now see how you are I didn't really care for these colors and you go and make this beauty...so okay maybe I DO like the colors - I definitely ADORE those stamps! Julee does rock it out for sure~ thanks for the link for the sketch -I like that too! Face it - I like everything about this charming card!

Amy Sheffer said...

I absolutely adore this, Marisa! Beautiful design!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - love the flowers! I hope you are enjoying your weekend - and not spending too much of it tidying, lol!

Dawn B. said...

Ohhhh I love that quote.. I agree about the font.. I LOL at the Veggie Tales.. takes me back to my daycare days.. I have not watched them in forever.. Great card..I love the layered flower and all the sparkleness.. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

That glitter is worth it, down to every last sparkle! Although a Christmas party would be grand, I think I'd look more Halloweeny with my red face...at least you'd have a nice clear sparkly glow...
This card is {word of the day}...stunning! I love that flower and how you cut it out so perfectly! Great mix of both the flower and the sentiment, just all around glorious!

Kathy Jones said...

LOVE this one!!!! What a beautiful card - the colours are gorgeous and I LOVE that flower!!!!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful card---this sentiment is just perfect and your layout is awesome! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week! I loved seeing what you created!

Sue said...

Mmmmmmm, the is stunning Marisa! Think I may need to save this one to case later-lol!!! you have certainly made these colours sing! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, I loved seeing this on SCS today, and here on your blog as well! I'm glad you are enjoying your mommy time; that makes two of us, sister!