Sunday, January 9, 2011
I was wonderfully blessed to receive this award from Carrie this week. Check out her blog, The Artistic Avenger! You'll be blown away as she does some amazing work and is often one of Nancy Riley's iPicks. In addition, my wonderful blogging buddy and fellow Punchkateer, Colleen, over at Dietrich Designs, just gave me this award yesterday! A huge thanks to both of you :) Since I got it twice, I'll share 16 things instead of eight.
First the details of the award. Upon receipt of the award you need to :
1. Thank and link back to the person/people who gave you the award (done and thanks again, Carrie and
2. Share 8 things about yourself (I'll do sixteen as I got the award twice)
3. Pass it on to 8 bloggers
4. Contact the 8 bloggers and let them know you have given them the award.
So here we go. Sixteen things about myself which I hopefully haven't mentioned before.
1. I am not a trendy girl. Don't jump into fashion trends and am slow to pick up on stamping trends too.
2. I qualified for the British Columbia Track and Field championships in the discuss and javelin in 12th
grade and placed fourth in discuss and eight in javelin.
3. It will be my 15th wedding anniversary on Canada Day (July 1st) Great way for hubby to never forget
the date (ended up being July 1st because I couldn't book both the church and reception location on June
4. I teach the Grade 5/6 Sunday School class at our church.
5. Since I don't have an opportunity to compete in sports any more, I have taken to competing against
paper and love it when I master a colour combo or a sketch!
6. I love working out, always have. One of my New Year's resolutions is to ensure my work out time
doesn't get bumped by family, life or anything else.
7. I hate mingling events as I'm not into small chit chat (cocktail parties just about kill me LOL!). Would
much rather sit and talk with a few people and get to know them at a deeper level.
8. I love to learn new things - be it information, how to do something, how something works etc.
9. Don't like people who play games.
10. One of my favorite memories of my ball playing days was hitting home runs over male center fielders
heads - oh yes (insert evil grin)
11. I love to make puzzles but only indulge in it over Christmas (we made three 1000 piece puzzles and two
500 piece puzzles over Christmas)
12. I hate to cook and am not good at it either (thankfully my hubby is!)
13. Love to eat vegetables.
14. I am an extremely practical person.
15. I am a straight shooter and wish I could be more diplomatic at times.
16. I have been told more than once I should have been a boy. These comments have come at times when I
have been excessively competitive in sports or very direct in my communication style -- especially when I
am defending or standing up for something or someone I care deeply about, when someone is playing
games and I call them out on the table, or when I'm cheering (aka yelling) on the sidelines of my son's
The flip side of my personality is that I am a very helpful and encouraging person. Love to build people
up and help them succeed and/or accomplish things they never thought they could do or be. In addition,
once I'm your friend I will go to the ends of the earth for you (you just have to endure the odd "shoot-
from-the-hip" comment now and then LOL!).
The eight people I'm passing this award on to are as follows:
1. Maureen - Buttons and Bling
2. Christine - Christine Creations
3. Brenda - Benzi Stamps
4. Emily - My Little Slice of Bliss
5. Dawn - My Stamping Thyme
6. Christina - Sea Glass and Sentiments
7. Stacy - Twinshappy
8. Andrea - Ewen Style
Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow with a post.