Thursday, September 13, 2012

Poinsettia Joy


This week's Verve sketch is brought to us by Charmaine and it is a great way to use up some designer paper scraps (or make some in my case LOL).

I got a great deal on the Spellbinder's poinsettia die this summer so wanted to pull it out and "break it in" so to speak.  Needless to say, it was the perfect excuse to pair it with this wonderful MME Christmas pack I picked up on clearance after Christmas last year.  Thus the Christmas card was born.

I'm just loving the die and think you may be seeing a lot of this poinsettia in the future (wink, wink), but not for a few months yet as I am far from ready to give up my leaf dies :)

Enjoy your day and thanks for making mine by stopping by!



 What's In It?
Stamps: Glad Tidings (Verve) 
Paper: I Believe (MME), Early Espresso, Burgundy, Kraft 
Ink:  Black 
Accessories:  Poinsettia Die (Spellbinders), Crimper, 5/8 White Satin Ribbon, Gold Cording, Gold Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

 

10 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Wow Marisa, this is gorgeous!!

scrappingnana said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love that poinsettia. I have that die also. I need to get it out and play with it. Need to get started on my Christmas cards. TFS

Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous (as all your cards are)! Love the poinsettia and the DP strips!

Unknown said...

Here's another comment to replace the one cyberspace took Marisa! Gorgeous card with gorgeous colours.
xxx

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card! Love that poinsettia!!!

Christina said...

Marisa, this is beautiful! And I'm so jealous of that poinsettia die! I looked and looked for this set last spring to use in my 12 Kits project, but it was sold out everywhere. It looks amazing with the gold bead center and the strips of pretty paper!

Benzi said...

I came back to leave you some love again. I know you hate you lost those 11 comments....yuck.

I do love this card and bought the poinsettia last year and never got to use it. I'll be getting it out this year.

Your card is awesome.

Be careful with those comments. LOL

nwilliams6 said...

Sometimes commenting late has its advantages - so my comment didn't get deleted - LOL! I love your flower and your papers are wonderful. I really like this sketch. Hugz!

Laurie said...

That poinsettia is GORGEOUS!

Betty Wright said...

STUNNING!!!!! Oh, my word, this is GORGEOUS! Now I need to try and talk myself out of that poinsettia die. LOVE it! So beautifully elegant, Marisa!