Friday, October 28, 2016

Viva La Verve October Week 2 Sketch Recap

VLV Oct 2016 Wk 2 photo VLVOctWk2sketchpic.jpg

https://3.basecamp.com/3371826/blobs/8168066afee8e8ceeec50624b57c7b780010/download/VLVOct16Sketch2_Insta.gifHappy Friday everyone!!  Friday is always my sleep in day after two 12+ hour days.  I sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast and scroll through Feedly and my Facebook feed.  

In addition, today is recap time for the current sketch over on the Viva La Verve blog. This week Lesley has created this sketch for us to work with.

I fudged the three circles a bit by using three pots from Potter's Clay and the matching Pottery die set.  I just love  working with Fall colours as they always make me happy!  Added a bit of texture with the crimped panel and grounded things with the twine.

You can see which cards I have spotlighted from our gallery as well as get lots more inspiration over on the Viva La Verve blog.

Thanks for popping in today and have a fabulous weekend!



 

  

What's In It?
Stamps:  Potter's Clay (Verve Stamps)  
Paper:  Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye), Kraft and Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black, Really Rust, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Pottery Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Crimper (Fiskars), Gold Embossing Powder, Glue Dots, Twine, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Kim S said...

I totally agree on fall colors - so wonderfully rich! I love your trio of pots with the elegant background.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Marisa, I can see why you have a sleep-in day after two 12+ hour shifts. I remember the amazing nurses who worked long hours like that (when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago twice in three weeks). They were amazing, and I don't know how you all do it! But I am so thankful for you. So good for you for having a leisurely day. I absolutely love your take on the sketch and think this is beautiful! I love these sweet pottery vases and need to use mine. Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo