Saturday, July 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Surf's Up


It is the middle of July and sun, surf and sand is on the summer agenda for many.  Believe it or not, I do not have one single nautical image other than this sailboat, so I am sailing instead of surfing today.

 photo CC15July2017pic.jpg

I must admit, I struggled with this one and it shows...my apologies.  Think there is a reason I don't have surf themed stamps LOL!  I love this sailboat image that has been retired by Stampin' Up as it makes great masculine cards.  I sponged on the colour blocks as per the blocks of surfboard colour in the photo and added a touch of twine and a button for a bit of interest.  Think hubby or son will end up with this one as they are not as enamoured with receiving a "pretty" card as they care a lot more about what is on the inside - phew!  Check out the rest of the Crew for some great inspiration.

SURF'S UP

Guest Designer:  Lenae of SugarGem

Have a fabulous week and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

 




What's In It?
Stamps:  Sail Away, Warmest Regards (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Kraft, White (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Bliss Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Black (Stampin' Up)  
Accessories:  Twine, Button, Glue Dot

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this! Simple beauty - great for a guy. It's very calm.

Sue Crease said...

Ooh i saw this on Pinterest and thought it cool didn't realise it was you. Just lovely and FAB for a guy.

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. Love the design with those strips of blue.

SugarGem said...

Really cool take on the challenge. Love it

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Marisa!

Jen Mitchell said...

Struggles or not I think you've made a great card. The horizontal stripes mimic the colors of the skyline perfectly and the simple sailboat is a wonderful image.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous nautical card, Marisa! Love your take on the inspiration!

Vickie Z said...

Love it...fun card!! I have been crazy busy this summer...two trips home and getting ready to go to Jamaica!!that will be the fun trip...not to say I didn't enjoy seeing family!!

CherylQuilts said...

You may have struggled with this one, Marisa, but I love it! I find masculine card very hard to make (and truthfully, I don't like to make them...love making cards for gals! Haha!). But I love the sailboat and how you've sponged the colors across much like the surfboards. What a great inspiration card! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo