Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SCS Sketch #247


Today's sketch challenge on SCS was a wonderful one. Nice and simple, the way I like them LOL! I know I'll be using this one again.

I dug into my Costco DP pack again and came up with this striped DP. Matted it with the matching plain colour and then selected this wonderful image from Stem Silhouettes, one of my all time favorite SU sets! I added some Taylor Tiny Twinkies down the scalloped edge for a bit of pop and the Michael's $1.50 ribbon bin came to the rescue yet again. My ribbon bin diving/digging expeditions always pay off LOL! I wish they would bring it back out again as it has been missing for over a month now and I'm starting to get nervous as that bin is one of my main ribbon sources!!! Will have to check into it next time I'm there. Hopefully they are just giving it a rest and making people focus on the Halloween and Christmas ribbons they have out.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! We are heading back up to 29C again today -- this summer weather has been AMAZING!!! Won't know what to do when it starts raining again as we've been so spoiled with all this sunny, warm weather.

Blessings,



What's In It?
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes (SU Set), Savvy Stamps (Sentiment)
Paper: Costco DP Pack
Ink: Rudy Red
Accessories: Taylor's Tiny Twinkies, Ribbon from Mike's, SU Scalloped Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

very pretty card-I liked the simplicity of the sketch as well-liked the dsp you used as well

Maureen said...

Those tiny twinkles are adorable! They go perfectly with the scallops :) We are having 29 degree weather here too! It even says it on my computer at work here :)

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is so pretty. I have never seen those tiny twinkles. I love them. I raid the Michaels ribbon bin all the time..hehe. Great job. It is raining and we have to football today. Yuck..Have a super weekend.