Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Verve Sketch With A Twist


This is the sketch for this week's Verve Sketch with a Twist over at the SCS Verve Forum. This week's twist was to go round, use round things on your card. I used the circle punches to frame the butterfly, added round centers to the flower image, used pearls on the butterfly and if hole punches count, I have plenty in the scalloped border punch I used LOL!

I had a hard time deciding on the size and colours for the circles and the butterfly so I ended up with butterflies and circles of various sizes, colours and shapes all over my work area LOL! Something was still missing once I finally got the circle/butterfly situation figured out as there was too much white space on the left side, so I used the corner punch to "hem" in the butterfly and balance the card. The black sheer ribbon provided a soft bow to go with the card and I pierced the corners of the main image to give it a little something.

Thanks for stopping by.



What's In It?
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes
Paper: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Grey
Ink: Black, Brocade Blue
Accessories: 1 1/8" and 1" circle punches, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, SU Corner Punch, SU border punch, Sheer Black Ribbon, Silver Half Pearls, Dimensionals



3 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the colours!!! And what a great idea for the photo corner...I will keep that in the back of my mind...love the signature...how'd ya do that?

Donna Marie said...

Wow!
Love your style!!
I found your blog through my responses on SCS and I am glad I did!!!
I just marked it as one of my fav sites......will visit often!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is very delicate and pretty!