Saturday, September 5, 2009

Two For

I lucked out and got a "two fer" today :D The Limited Supplies Challenge was to make a scrapling, which is a wonderful way to use up scraps (thus the name). I have never made one before so I was looking forward to trying them out. Mine measure 1 1/2" x 4 1/4 inches, give or take a quarter inch. They were fun and easy to make. You can dress them up as much as you want, but being a CAS (clean and simple) girl at heart, mine are pretty simple. The bonus is that this week's Verve Sketch with a Twist didn't have a sketch but rather a challenge of making a card in a size you normal don't. So, these are perfect!

I think I may make some as a goodie bag treats for my daughter's birthday party later this month. They are also a wonderful little note to tuck into a little gift for someone.

Have a wonderful Labour Day long weekend!! Our weather has turned so I think it will be an inside weekend for the most part and one where we get everything ready for school -- labeling things, double checking to make sure we didn't miss buying anything on the supply list, pack the backpacks with all the stuff etc. I can hear the groans from the kids already. It has been a wonderful summer and the hectic pace of September with all the activities starting up again will take some adjusting as it always does. So...we will make sure to enjoy our weekend to the fullest!




What Is In It?
Stamps: Priceless
Paper: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron
Ink: Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery
Accessories: MS Butterfly punch, EK Success Flower Punch, Polka Dotted ribbon, silver brads, half pearls in white and silver, Mini flower punch from Michael's

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute cute! I like the tiny tiny scallop on the one. :0) Enjoy your weekend and school starting this week!

Maureen said...

oh, wow! love these...the colours are great...it's my first time hearing "scraplings!" I cleaned my desk today and have a bunch...will be useful for this challenge :)

Donna Marie said...

These are adorable!!!!!
I am off to check out the challenge!!
I love your work :-)