Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heart Flourishes




Sorry about the dark picture....my camera is broken and I'm having to improvise with my daughter's.... best I could do today under cloudy, dark conditions - ugh!  Shipping it off today and if all goes well I'll get it back in three weeks all fixed.  If not I have a new, top priority Christmas gift LOL!

This sketch had me worried when I first saw it as I am a bit anal and that off  centre panel sent me for a tail spin LOL. However, as I thought pondering what to use for this sketch, I realized I had a wonderful Hero Arts heart flourish background stamp I bought last year and have never used (hanging my head in shame...).  I just love hearts, and the hearts combined with the flourish on this stamp just makes me happy :D  

Silver embossing was the first thing that came to mind for this and then I decided to go with sparkly silver embossing powder for some extra glitter.  I wanted the stamp to be the focal image so I made a very small sentiment using my nesties. Finished things off with some sheer, silver ribbon and I was good to go.  I toyed with embossing the background panel but couldn't find out that worked so I opted not to use one as it detracted from the main image.

Four Verve sketches down and just one to go!!  Thanks so much for stopping by (((hugs))) and have a wonderful day!




What's In It?
Stamps:  Hero Arts, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper:  Silver 
Accessories:  Sparkly Silver Embossing Powder, Scalloped Oval and Oval Nesties, 5/8" Sheer Silver Ribbon, Dimensionals

3 comments:

TannyP said...

Gorgeous! So elegant with the color scheme. I'd have never guessed you had any second thoughts with the sketch. Lovely card, Marissa

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - I think you pulled it off beautifully!!! Love the flourished image and all the sparkles!!! Hugs ~S~

Maureen said...

love the soft colours and ribbon! I don't like tilted panels either so I think of them as straight while I'm stamping and then tilt on the card :)