Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ruffled Verve






This is the final Verve Release Sketch and it was a wonderful one to work with. I had originally planned to used "Dasher" but a few others beat me to the punch so I dug through my stamps and found this Stampendous Ruffled Poppy I have always loved.  I embossed it in black and matted it with pink and black.  It looked a bit bare so I pierced the corners and put a black Tiny Twinkles in the corners.  I used my all time favorite Embossing Folder Swiss Dots for the white panels and added some Making Memories Small Polka Dots DP.  Martha Stewart came through with the border punch and I finished things off with some black sheer ribbon.  Then I looked at the sketch and realized I had omitted the panel under the ribbon - ugh!!!  So I added a strip of white to the bottom and changed the black sheer ribbon to black satin ribbon for a bit more "weight" as the sheer was too "light" once I added the white strip.  Gotta love it when it's an easy fix LOL!

I have now completed all the Verve Release Sketches and am ready to party at the Verve Release Party this Friday night.  Come and join us if you have some time.  Julee always comes up with wonderful new sets and the Divas create some amazing sample cards using the new sets that you can drool over.  Plus, the new sets are available in the Verve Store immediately following the release party. 

I hope to have some time this weekend to catch up on this week's Mojo sketch as well as Mercy's sketch.   It's been a crazy busy month as I'm doing overflow work for my husband's office in addition to my regular  before and after school daycare work and running my kids to and from activities etc.  Consequently, stamping time has been cut short....said sticking my lower lip out and pouting LOL!  Wish there were more hours in a day!

That's it for now!  Thanks for stopping by :D




What's In It?
Stamps: Stampendous Ruffled Bloom 
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Black, Making Memories Small Pink Polka Dot DP 
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Taylor's Twinkles, Paper Piercing Kit, 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Okay - I'm totally jealous!!! You nailed all these Sektches!!! I need to work on some at least...lol!!! This is another beautiful card - my friend!!! Love the color combo and the flower image!!!

I hope I'll see you at the release tomorrow...?!? Hugs ~S~

Maureen said...

love the fix! Good thing noone can see under our layers, eh? Love the border punch strip :) Yay! We're done!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Marisa. I have always loved this image.. Your color combo is my fav too.. You are so busy.. Take care.

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is so beautiful!!! Wonderful colors, patterns, and texture!!! Love the elegant simplicity of this design!!! Lovely card!!!

Amy Kolling said...

I love this layout and that lacey border punch!!