Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cutesy Mojo Angel





First of all, I want to say a huge thank you to all those men and women who served and are serving their countries.  My dad was involved in WWII for a short time and though he seldom spoke of it, I could always sense the burden of war and the sacrifices that were made by him and many others for the freedom of  their countries.  I always cry when I attend my children's Remembrance Day assembly and pray that the younger generations will never take for granted or not understand what has been given to them through the sacrifices of others.  Lest we forget!   

Now for my card.  Oh how I wish I had just a few of Julee's sketch genes!  She just keeps coming up with fabulous sketches and this one is no exception.

I found this totally adorable little angel stamp in the Michael's $1.50 stamp bin (yup, we have to pay $1.50 for ours up here in Canada!).  I usually don't go to the "cutesy side" but this little angel stole my heart!  I coloured her with Twinkling H2Os (her wings are really shimmery even though you can't see it very well  in the picture) and in the process realized how desperately I need to learn how to colour images properly!  May have to take a Copic colouring course just to get some basics down, especially when it comes to images that are predominantly white.  However, that's part of what I love about this craft - you can always learn more :D

I wanted her halo to really shine so I used Dazzling Diamonds on it, but it didn't sparkle the way I wanted it to so I added some Stickles over top and that helped.  Part of me thought I should have made her hair a bit lighter and used her hair colour for her halo....hmmm....something to keep in mind next time I use her.

I used my Nesties to cut out the image and I pulled out  my all time favorite Swiss Dots embossing folder for the white panel.  While pondering what to do with the blue horizontal strips, stars came to mind so out came the Background Basics star stamp which I used with VersaMark on these panels.  A jumbo brad and some ribbon tied with silver twine completed the sketch.  I had multiple sentiments to choose from including "wish", "wish big", "very merry", "love you", "praying for you" and a few others, but settled on "thinking of you" for this card.  Think you could easily go with some of the other sentiments depending on who you were sending the card to.  I must say I quite like this "cutesy" card because every time I look at this little angel I just want to smile :D  Now all I have to do is learn how to colour her properly LOL!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Always appreciate the company LOL!   Have a great day and I'll be back with Mercy's sketch next.




What's In It?
Stamps:  Michaels $1.50 Stamp, Savvy(sentiment), Background Basics (SU) 
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Scallope Circle and Circle Nesties, Twinkling H2Os, Aqua Brush, Jumbo Brad, Ribbon, Silver Twine, Stickles, Dimensionals.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

love the ribbon with silver cord...great idea!! She is a cutie of an angel :) I just came back from Michaels...got some of the paper on sale and used my 50% coupon on a clear set of Christmas stamps. The dh was with me and he found The Slice aisle :) I told him I would like one for Christmas ;) I think the Cricut is too much machine for me and for my needs :)

Michelle said...

Very sweet. The angel is darling and I love the soft colors and textures of your card.

Kathy Jones said...

This is just Darling Marisa!!! Such a sweet angel and love the colours and embossing!! :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

So beautiful, Marisa!!!!!
great design for this layout.
you are full of surprises...a blog!!!!woohoo!!!!!! you go girl.
I just added you to my list of blogs to visit.
HUgs,
Chat

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, great job!

enjoy *~*

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh she is darling! I would of gotten her also. Very sweet!

LORi said...

Total Cuteness!!!

Hugs~ LORi BOYD

TannyP said...

Ahhh....swiss dots - how I adore you! Such a cute card. I, too, am not usually drawn to the 'cutesy' side (does that mean I'm dark & dreary?!) but she's adorable and you did her up just right. Great job on this mojolicious card!