Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Baroque Mojo



This week's Mojo sketch is one you can do all sorts of wonderful things with :D  I had a few other ideas in my head but opted to go with this one as I wanted to make a medallion and I haven't used Baroque Motifs forever.  Sorry about the dark picture, we are paying for our wonderful summer full of sunshine right now...nothing but rain, rain and more rain....at least no more wind storms for now!

As you can tell, my black ink isn't what it should be because in my utter stupidity, I accidentally re-inked it with Elegant Eggplant  instead of black!! I was re-inking a bunch of my ink pads and you and fill in the rest -- BIG "L" on my forehead right now LOL!  I sponged as much off as I could and almost ran it under the tap to get it all out but opted not to otherwise I would have no black ink pad to work with.  Guess what I'll be re-ordering soon!!  Good news is my little guy went back to school today and is feeling much better.  He was driving me nuts by the end of yesterday as his energy level soared and mine didn't keep up :D  Oh to be able to tap into his energy - I'd make millions!!

Sorry, I regressed.  Back to the card!  I opted to go with B & W since the old mojo isn't quite awake and functioning today and this way I don't have to think too much LOL!.  The medallion was fun to make and I popped it up on the card.  The sentiment was disappearing on the card so I added some silver half pearls under it to bring it some attention and added the rest of the half pearls to balance things off and give the card some pop.

Thanks so much for dropping by.  Hoping to get to Mercy's sketch tomorrow if I have time after driving for my son's ice skating field trip.  Have a fabulous day (((hugs))).





What's In It?
Stamps:  Baroque Motifs (SU)
Paper: Black and White
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  SU Scalloped Border Punch, Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Silver Half Pearls, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I love eggplant!! But rats on the ink pad! The silver pearls are such lovely accents...especially on the scallops. This was a great sketch...will use it again :)

Kathy Jones said...

WOWZAS Marisa - this is so gorgeous!!!! LOVE black and white - it's always so striking and love your design!!! Darn about the inkpad!!! :(

Craftin' in the Rain said...

just stunning! Love your use of black and white together, everything works so well!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderfully elegant!

Kathy said...

Love your black and white card, so elegant. You can save that inkpad. Go ahead and run it under the tap until it runs clear. Let it dry out well and go ahead and reink with black. I had and inkpad messed up like this at a work shop and I saved it this way! Hope it works for you.