Boy, where did the year go??!! I almost missed my own Blogaversary amidst the business of summer!! I'm blaming it on my chlorintated brain LOL!
I remember when I decided to start a blog last summer and my daughter's teacher at the time graciously came over and helped me take my first baby steps into blog land (thanks, Rick!!). I wanted a place where I could record my card making adventures and keep the old brain cells firing through learning something new. This past year has more than exceeded any expectations I ever had. Over the past year I have experienced the following:
1. Meeting and getting to know wonderful card making bloggers.
2. Stretching my creative skills through various challenges.
3. Having the amazing honour and privilege of being part of the Curtain Call Design Team (thank you
Stacey!!) and being one of the July Guest Designer for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (thank you Korin!).
4. I have been known to put off house cleaning and other chores just so I can stamp or post.
5. Being creatively stretched is a good thing even though the process can be painful at times LOL!
6. The inspiration in blog land is endless.
7. Being on a stamping budget isn't much fun, but it sure makes you enjoy what you have and be very
selective in what you buy :)
8. Love sharing a little bit of me through my cards and ramblings on my posts.
9. Having over one hundred followers - thank you followers!!
10.Card makers have huge hearts (((hugs))).
11.I love having a blog :D
These are a few of the things that come to mind. I know there are many others but you'll be reading till midnight if I get on a roll, so I will leave it at these for now.
As a way of saying thank you, here are the blog candy goodies:
- Stamping Up's Whimsical Words stamp set
- The Greeting Farm's Sweet Message stamp set
- 2 packages of half pearls
- An A Muse "Happy Birthday" stamp
- Two spools of ribbon
- Some mini flower brads
- Whatever additional goodies cross my path before the closing date.
What do you have to do to win?
1. Leave a comment on this post by Thursday, August 26th @ 11.59 pm (PST)
2. Tell me what you've enjoyed about blogging and/or a good book you've read (I'm always looking for
new books to read).
3. Become a follower.
The winner will be randomly chosen and announced on Friday, August 27th. The winner will have five days to contact me (just click on "view my complete profile" on the right sidebar and then "e-mail me") otherwise another name will be drawn. This contest is open to anyone, though any overseas winner will have a long wait as the shipping mode will be on the slow boat :)
Thanks again to all of you who have made this such a wonderful year of blogging (((hugs))). I'm looking forward to another fun year of blogging :)
Have a fabulous day and I'll be back tomorrow with my Curtain Call card.