Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Singing Sweet Sunday Sketch


This week's Sweet Sunday Sketch was the perfect layout to make a thank you card for my daughter's piano teacher who I absolutely adore.  She is not only an amazing teacher, but she loves her students dearly, pushes them to their potential in a way that suits their personality and exposes them to music festivals and other wonderful piano experiences such as scale competitions for medals and bringing in an adjudicator to listen and give feedback on each student's piano exam pieces prior to their exams so they can fine tune things that much more.  Sorry for the long, run on sentence!  The fruits of her labour are very evident not only in my daughter's piano playing, but in the playing skills of all her students.  Love working at our church's VBS with her in the summer as I think we have more fun than the kids do!! Shhhhh.....!!!

On to the card!  I don't have a musical note die (note to self: get one!) so the last time I was at one of the scrap booking stores I frequent, I punched out a few on their die cut machine so I would have a stash to use on cards for musical friends and music teachers.

As a bonus, I picked up this musical score embossing folder for a steal last year and it was the perfect background.   A touch of pink made the card a bit more feminine and some pearls and bling glammed it up a bit :).

Then came the hiccup.  When I showed the card to my daughter, she promptly told me no such note exists!   Humph...I tried it without the dot and it just didn't work, so I went with artistic license rather than music etiquette LOL!  My apologies to all the musicians out there.  Can't wait to tell Candace the story behind the card ;-)

Off to help out with my son's class' year end party field trip to the bowling alley and then the park for a picnic lunch and some games.  Thankfully the weather is cooperating - yeah!   Have a great day and beware of erroneous notes LOL!




Challenge:  Your Next Stamp Challenge


What's In It?
Paper: Black, Rose Romance
AccessoriesScalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Die Cut Music Note, Musical Embossing Folder, Crimper, Half Perals, Bling, Dimensionals


15 comments:

Christina said...

Ha! Love your cute story about your creative license with the note. All of the elements work so well together on this. I love the pop of color and the two bits of bling to balance the dot. I'm sure your daughter's teacher is going to treasure this, especially with the story behind it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun card for a music teacher! I LOVE the big note!! Very cute~

Michelle Woerner said...

This is fun and bold! AND congrats again for the GDT spot with Verve! I am so happy for you! Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing and would be perfect for one of my colleagues who is our music teacher. Thanks for the brilliant inspiration Marisa! xx

Debbie Carriere said...

This is fabulous!! Love the bold music note, even if there is no such note!! Lol

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers Marisa, this is awesome love that big ol music note!! Fabulous take on the sketch!!

Bonnie said...

I love the black, white and pink together and the note is wonderful with the embossed background!

TannyP said...

Love this! You hit the perfect note on this card. What a suitable card for someone who makes a difference =)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Having no musical knowledge or ability whatsoever, I wouldn't have known that there is no such musical note. I know the teacher will appreciate it all the more, knowing the story behind the card!

Benzi said...

Oh, I really do like this card, Marisa...bad note and all. Kids don't let a thing get by, do they?
Cute, cute and a wonderful story.

TrishG said...

Love this one! Beautiful colors and perfect bling!

Dori Shelton said...

Simple and fabulous! Love the big musical note and the white embossing.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow this card is so striking! I love the added pink and touch of glam. Thanks for playing along with the Your next Stamp challenge Black and white +1! Beth aka BR-T

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is a dynamic card - perfect for a music teacher!

Stacy Morgan said...

So fun, the textured notes in the bg are perfect. Yes VBS is fun and the kids are going next week and so excited. Hope you enjoy it.