Friday, September 2, 2011

Inkspirations Sketch 85



Keesh came up with a wonderful sketch this week which played right into my self imposed challenge of using DP on cards :)

I pulled out some Basic Grey Kioshi paper and though you can't see much of it, I paired it with some Paper Studio Rust/Mint Horizontal Lines paper as the green was a perfect fit.   

The rest of the card fell together rather nicely.   Early Espresso was my accent colour, and since this card is for the friends we stayed with in Edmonton, I knew exactly which sentiment I wanted to use, one from Verve's Words Cannot Express.   The perfect expression of our feelings for this amazing family we are blessed to call dear friends :)     

The rest of the Design Team has some fabulous cards for your inspiration.


Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée
Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa


Just a reminder that each week Keesh will select a winner and an honorable mention and post their cards on the Inkspirations Challenge blog.  We'd love to see your card posted as a winner, all you have to do is play along.

Thanks for joining me today.  It's going to be a busy weekend with my son's soccer team in a tournament this weekend and my daughter starting to hyperventilate due to having to start high school.  Poor thing...she is an introvert who hates change so this is just about doing her in.  We have run "what if" scenarios for just about anything (what if you can't find your class, what if you walk into the wrong classroom, what if you miss the bus home etc.) so she is prepared in advance and doesn't have to think on her feet.  We have also toured the school and found all her classrooms so she knows where each of her classes will be and also knows where her locker is.  Thankfully she has a few friends that are on the same bus route (riding a school being another first) and has a wonderful, extroverted friend she hangs out with so I'm sure she will do just fine after the first week or so.  Just have to help her not to worry herself silly before until then!   

Have a fabulous Labour Day weekend!





What's In It?
Stamps: Words Cannot Express (Verve)
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi, The Paper Loft Rust/Mint Horizontal Lines, Cream Linen, Early Espresso
Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink, Black
Accessories: Lacy Circle and Circle Nesties, SU Scalloped Border Punch, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Recollections Paper Flowers, PTI Twine, Martha Stetwart Leaf Punch, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

36 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Marisa...I'm in awe of how you bunch up your ribbon so wonderfully~ It's consistently wrinkled...if that makes any sense...it's got such a super pattern! I love the flower cluster, too...the twine and brown branches really highlight those green roses perfectly!
Good luck to your son in his soccor tournament!
Good luck to your daughter, too...the first few days are rough for everyone...I'm sure that she'll do just fine! (Mom's job to worry, though....I get it... :)

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so elegant Marisa! the flowers and twine make a fabulous statement, as does the colour combo!
Hope all goes well for the soccer team and your DD's 1st day at high school, mine is still etched in my memory, such a scary time! but it get better after the 1st day! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous, Marisa! I love playing along with sketch challenges! Will try to do so again this week ;)

Enjoy your long weekend!! Gosh hard to believe school again...where did summer go...lol

Christina said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Marisa. I really should challenge myself to use some patterned papers, because they always look just perfect on your cards. Love the ruffled ribbon and looped twine treatment, too!
Best of luck to your daughter as she starts high school! Those first few days will be the hardest, I'm sure, but it sounds like she is well prepared!

Shelley said...

Oh my! How perfect is that twine bow? And I love the idea of the scrunchy ribbon only half-way on the card. Why has that never occurred to me? Beautiful sketch interpretation again!

Vickie Z said...

Love your card. Colors, layout and all the embellies are perfect!! bless your DD's heart...I'm sure everything will work out but, it is such a change for kids!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I just adore the flower treatment! Love those loops~

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Marisa! Love the colours, sentiment, layout, embellishments - yes, all of it, lol!! Good luck to your son and daughter. xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

That poor dear! I can feel her anxiety. It's so hard being in school, especially those middle school years (even though she is entering a HS atmosphere). I wish her all the best!!

Your card for your friends is so beautiful, with a lovely sentiment. You are blessed, indeed, to have such wonderful pals!

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Marisa! I took some time to click back through the your last month's worth of posts. You've been so busy!! Sorry I don't have time to comment on them all, but I loved your Alberta post--especially that photo of you in the kanga pouch! All of your Verve creations as August GD were outstanding. You've been so very creative and busy. Good luck to both of children this weekend and next week!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! So many fun textures and elements!

Hugs to your daughter! It is so hard to face big changes! Hope it goes smooth for her!

ChristineCreations said...

Love your loops in the twine!

Hopefully the end of today was better for your daughter. Mine has to take the city bus for the first time too. If she can hang in there that first week through all the changesI know it will be better for her. It's so hard to see your kids have to struggle through things on their own and we have to keep watch on the side line! Hopefully she will learn a new way to cast her cares on Him! Thinking of you Marisa!

Maureen said...

Such a lovely card!! Love all the twine loops with the flowers :) Hope you can enjoy the weekend and your daughter feels a little better. If it's tough, know that it's a growing experience for her, never fun but always rewarding in the end. My class is ready to go on Tuesday :) We also ordered all the flooring and set up a date for the ensuite install :) My treat will be heated flooring for my COLD feet :)

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful, fabulous lime green flowers.
Hope the soccer tournament went well and she makes it through the first month of HS. Nervous was my first week too.

Elizabeth said...

This is so gorgeous!

Jodi Collins said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Marisa! LOVE the cluster of flowers/twine!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous card Marisa! Love your fresh color combination. The green flowers with the twine are stunning! Love the sentiment, the ribbon and the sponging behind the sentiment adds so much! Hope the soccer went well and big hugs to your daughter on her first day...if she's anything like you her strength and personality will get her through! :-)

Benzi said...

Marisa, you card is just lovely and I adore the color of your pretty flowers..and, the great sentiment.
I feel for your daughter...such a huge step and a bit frightening for her. Yes, I'm sure she'll will be fine after a day or two...if only she could know that. :-)

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love the bunched up ribbon! Hope your son's soccer goes well and your daughter's jitters ease up and then disappear as she gets used to her new environment!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

another beautiful creation...as always!!!
love the flowers and the ribbon treatment!!!!
tfs:)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I really love the colours on thiscard. The twine loops are really cool as well, You make zee bee-yoo-tee-ful cards, madame!

xo B.

Carrie Gaskin said...

All the details are just lovely and I adore the sentiment.

On another note, I wish your daughter a great first of day of school! I'm sure everything will go smoothly and she'll have a great first high school experience!

H2 :) said...

Love the mix of textures Marisa! It's a beautiful card & the sentiment is lovely. :)

Elizabeth said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the colors and how you made the twine bow behind the flowers!

Susan (rainy) said...

Wow! So many fabulous textures, Marisa. This is gorgeous!

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful card with wonderful details!
Hope your daughters first day back to school goes smoothly.

Kathy Jones said...

What a truely wonderful sentiment!! Beautiful use of colours, great take on the sketch, love the flowers and the way you did the ribbon!!! Perfect girlie!!! :)

TannyP said...

Wow - more of those lovely twine loops - loving them!! Your ruffled ribbon is perfect as usual - always so beautiful =) This is a truly elegant card, Marisa!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is gorgeous! Love what you did with the ribbon! Beautifully done!

Home sweet home said...

This is so gorgeous and cute,love it.:)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a beautiful card Marisa!! I LOVE, seriously LOVE your scrunched ribbon!! And the dp combo is fabulous!! Your daughter sounds like me. :) Starting new things is pure torture for me. I always had nightmares of walking in the wrong class, getting lost, not being able to get my locker open...etc. Thankfully my kids handle new adventures much better than I do. lol It sounds like she's surrounded herself with some good support. She'll do great and get stronger each day!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, as always, Marisa! Love the twine accent and that ruffled up ribbon!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW Marissa this is soooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE LOVE your ribbon treatment!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Marisa, this is just beautiful! I love love the twine bow behind your little roses. WOW WOW!!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, like what you have done with this sketch, your pleated ribbon is so pretty!

Elizabeth said...

So pretty! Love the colors and the ruffled ribbon!