Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kioshi Thank You



Loved the sketch, but the tags gave me grief so I subbed in a bow as I just couldn't make tags work.  Now that I'm looking at my card, I realized I also ran my ribbon behind the circle instead of over it...that will teach me not to double check the sketch while making the card.  Hoping my issues fall under artistic license versus not following the sketch!

I loooove this Kioshi paper by Basic Grey which I found on clearance at an LSS.  May have to go back for a few more sheets as it is wonderful with brown, blue and moss.  I actually messed up when I used this paper too as I was supposed to  have the back side of this pattern on the smaller panel but accidentally glued it down on the wrong side!  It was one of those card making days, I tell you!   Ever have those?!  Good thing is the highlight in all this is the fact I had fun playing with my Verve stamps and nothing could mess that part up :) 

Off to see if I have better luck with the rest of my day's duties LOL!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve)
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi, Early Espresso, Mellow  Moss, So Saffron, Blue
Ink: Black, VersaMark
Accessories: Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Flutter By and Wishing You Dies (Verve), 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Button, Twine, Half Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous, Marisa!! Love those papers! GREAT find!!
I think the bow is a wonderful sub for the tags....they gave me fits too....lol
Fanastic card!

Vickie Z said...

Love the way you did this and the pp's being the same are fabulous!! Great use of this sketch and the Verve stamps!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are just your colors, aren't they, with the brown and green? Very soothing. Love that big "U".

scrappingnana said...

Love your card and I think the bow is a great substitute for the tags. Love the BG papers. TFS

Christina said...

Your commentary also makes me giggle! Just like the thoughts that sometimes go through my head when I finish a card.
I think your take on the sketch is wonderful! Great choice of colors from the beautiful patterned paper.

Emily Keaton said...

Absolutely lovely, Marisa! I know that Kioshi was intended as a "spring" collection, but your use here looks spot on for fall--great job!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my goodness Marisa!! This is super fun and cute!! I LOVE how you stamped the word "you" on the letter "u"!!! So clever and fabulous!! If you knew how many times I glued somethin' down without thinkin' and realized too late that I messed up....*sigh*...too many to list for sure!! But your card is gorgeous. Love how it turned out!

Debbie Carriere said...

Marisa, love this!!! Great tweaks to the sketch and love how you stamped on the U :)

Jennipher said...

Came out wonderful Marisa! Love it.

Maureen said...

LOVE the fallish colours and you know it takes a lot to make me say "love" and "fall" together :D lol That sweet butterfly does a stand up job of substitution :) I almost missed this card!! Power was out at the school, so I didn't have my morning coffee over blog reading before work!! Came on around 9:30...the kids thought it was cool :) LOL HOpe your "duties" went well and that the dd is feeling like one of the gang at school now :) Your new phone sounds fabulous!! I still have the old flip style as I don't text...I'm old school!! haha!!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is super cute girl!! Hugs to you!

Betty Wright said...

Rich colors and detailing, Marisa! Lovely card!

Sue said...

so much goodness to feast the eye upon Marisa, love the DS paper and all the little beautiful details! :)

Benzi said...

Ooh, I love those papers and they are the first thing I noticed when I saw your card...awesome creation and love your big ol' sentiment (U).

Andrea Ewen said...

Ah, so clean and perfectly beautiful! You certainly have a knack for adding glorious details and having them all coordinate perfectly! This is a stunner!

Carol Hurlock said...

What an awesome color combination and layout. It's certainly a show stopper. Love every inch of this beauty.

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a beautiful card. Such pretty DP. Love the "you" stamped on the "U". Adorable butterfly and pearls.

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love that DP. The you is perfectly stamped. That never happens to me. Great job.