Friday, September 16, 2011

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #87

 
I used this week's sketch to make a card for a friend who had some surgery to let her know my thoughts and prayers are with her.  I now the sentiment isn't a get well one, but I just had to use it as it went with the bird!

I combined it with last week's Colour Q (yes, I'm late again) since MME's Lime Twist papers have these colours.  In the end, I only used one piece of DP as the other combos detracted from the bird - at least that is what I'm telling myself as I still get frazzled trying to use multiple DPs on a card.  One day I hope to look back and say, "why did I ever have an issue with multiple DPs on a card", but for now, I'm still a newbie LOL.

I'm glad to say we have made it through our first full week of school and all is good - yeah!!  Even better, I have switched to my "school schedule"  with my wake up times, taking kids to practices, piano lesson, soccer game etc. without any mishaps.

The rest of the Design Team has some fabulous cards for your inspiration.




Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée
Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa


Just a reminder that each week Keesh will select a winner and an honorable mention and post their cards on the Inkspirations Challenge blog.  We'd love to see your card posted as a winner, all you have to do is play along.



What's In It?
Stamps: Accent Notes (Verve)
Paper:Lime Twist DP (My Mind's Eye), Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, Black
Ink: Black
Accessories:SU Bird and Scalloped Border Punch, Distressed Stripes EF, Circle Nesties, Half Pearls, 1" Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Twine, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

So sweet! Love those colours and that bird is fantatastic! Hope to play along with you girls this weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun bright pink bird! Great job with the sketch~

Colleen Dietrich said...

I know what you mean COMPLETELY about the multiple DPs. I just can't get the hang of thinking in those terms, even though I want to. My brain goes, "Duhhhh..."!

I like this sentiment with the bird; very apropos!

Maureen said...

those colours are just fabulous!! I'm addicted to the colourQ challenge! LOL So glad you are getting used to the early mornings...slowly like me I'm sure...can't wait to NOT set an alarm tonight :D That bird punch is the best and I love the different coloured wing :)

Emily Keaton said...

This is so sweet, Marisa! LOVE those colors--you rocked them!

Unknown said...

Just got back from holiday and came over to see your latest offering. Didn't expect THREE! Wow Marisa! So much inspiration for ME! I LOVE 'em all! Thanks for always making my day with your gorgeous cards! xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa, what gorgeous cards you've made while I've been away. I love the one with the Kioshi papers. So glad your daughter has settled into her new school. xx

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty Marissa, love the colors and that cute little birdie!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love what you've done with the color combo and the sketch!

Betty Wright said...

This is totally precious, Marisa! Every time I see this little birdie I really love it and think I need it! Hope you are doing great!

Debbie Carriere said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the bird! Hmmm, I have a problem using less than two patterns!!! Lol!! Glad school is going along smoothly.

Sue said...

I hear ya, combining DP's is always a challenge, others seem to do it with such ease!
Your card is fabulous, the pink birdie really pops off the card, such a happy colour combo!
glad to hear all is going well with the school transition! :)

Susan (rainy) said...

This is beautiful, Marisa... surely it will pick up your friends spirits.

ChristineCreations said...

A lovely little cheerful card. Perfect for a get well wish! Glad to hear the routine is coming together for your family too!

Benzi said...

What a sweet way to let your friend know you're thinking of her. Darling card....pretty bird, of course.
No, No...I'm on the TT team, not the S&S. Just a little cross-eyed reading from you, huh? LOL

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the beautiful colors on this, that looked like a really hard palette to work with, however, you aced it! That sweet birdie looks divine and the twine accent is perfect! Way to rock both the sketch and the colors!

Carol Hurlock said...

How cute. This bird image is so sweet and I love how you tied the bakers twine to the punched border. Simply adorable.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Fun colours and mix of textures. Gorgeous card. Love seeing those pearls again.

Dawn B. said...

It is so hard to get into a routine for school. I bet you have other kids as well now that school has started. Love this card. That bird is one of my favs. Great job.

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh wow...love that pink and green bird! What a fun card!