Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Going Batty Reminder Post

CC Oct 7, 2015 photo CCOct7picA.jpg

We are half way through our Going Batty challenge over at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, and this is my second take on the photo.

The colour combination in this photo is a yummy one so I used it for my card once again and combined it with one of the October sketches from Page Maps.

Added some woodgrain embossing to pick up the wood panelling, a doily for the dainty tree leaves, and a trio of elements for the focal sentiment panel as per the trio of bats in the photo.  A fun little card to be able to tuck in with a gift for a friend.

Looking forward to celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend :)  We will have a small group this time round, but that means a more relaxed time and less prep and hubbub which is exactly what I could use right about now after a very busy September and early October!  Turkey soup is one of my favorites and I can't wait to make some!  Always a great freezer meal for those days when you have nothing prepared for dinner LOL!

Enjoy your day and would love to have you join our challenge if you have done so already!

 

What's In It? 
Paper:  Kraft, Old Olive, So Saffron (Stampin' Up) 
Accessories:  Doily Die (Top Dog Dies), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), I Heart "U" Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Friends Die (PTI), Heart Trio Die Set (The Cat's Pajamas), Twine, White Half Pearl, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I was stumped by the inspiration because of the bats, but I love your take on it!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Marisa! Love the embossed background and doily, and the layout is great as are the colours :-)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marisa. I love the colors and the design. That doily is lovely.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Marisa. Love the soft colors and the elegant look. The heart die-cut looks so sweet.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marisa I love these dies together! Lovely card.

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully done! I love everything together - it is so peaceful and sweet! Great card. Hugz

cm said...

Your 'second helping' of this photo inspiration is as delicious as the first! A charming die-cut cluster, with the little kraft heart capturing mine...
Hugs~c

Kim S said...

I love the bold sentiment that you have put together!! I looks fabulous under that doily with a little woodgrain background!

Donna said...

I agree... Lovely colours. Love this card :)