Monday, November 21, 2016

Mojo Monday #475

 photo Mojo 475pic.jpg

I was giddy and totally gone when I saw the snowflake on this sketch!  If you have followed me for any length of time, you know that "joy" is my favorite Christmas word and snowflakes my favorite accessory.  Just. Love. Them!!  Was a total no brainer to use one on my card - my rubber arm was waving in the breeze {grin}.

Pulled out some of my hoarded Lost and Found MME Christmas papers (got them quite a few years ago and still love them!) and kept to a neutral pallet except for the red snowflake, scatter of green sequins and a green button.    Added some sponging to highlight the sentiment panel and was tempted to add an angle where the snowflake is but couldn't make the paradigm shift LOL!

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Had a few proud mommy moments this weekend.  My son was selected to be an assistant ref for three of the finals games for the HPL (high performance league) soccer finals.  He is rubbing shoulders with some pretty high level refs and did a great job on the lines.  He has been very committed to learning and applying all he can as a ref and assistant ref, and when you combine that with a lot of natural ability, the powers that be have taken notice and rewarded him.  Made standing in line on a cold Friday morning to get two pairs of new soccer cleats 50% off for him well worth it :)   Have a fabulous week and look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!



 

  


What's In It?
Stamps:   Angel Voices (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Lost and Found (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Cream (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black, Antique Linen (Tim Holtz)
Accessories:  Jumbo Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Button, Gold Twine, Sequins, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is stunning.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Marisa, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the snowflake on this card...especially ini red to really make it pop! Wow! And I love the carol sentiment. Gorgeous layout with this DP you've used (and, yes, I still have some of it myself...hehe). Gorgeous card, and I love the gold cord and green sequins. Great news for your son, and I'm sure you were one proud momma for him in the crowd! Good for him! Hugs, sweet friend, and keep warm. xoxo

JoAnn said...

Very pretty Marisa. Love your red snowflake.

Christine said...

Love the cheery red snowflake and how nicely it coordinates with those awesome MME papers! Gorgeous card!

PJ said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the pop of color with the snowflake.. Just amazing. Great Job.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous card, Marisa! Love that pretty red snowflake.

Linda Callahan said...

I love the pop of that red snowflake!

Hetty said...

This is absolutely beautiful.