Thursday, April 8, 2010
Beautiful Blogger Award
Melanie over at Scrappy Mel gave me this Beautiful Blogger Award today. What a wonderful way to start your day - thank you Melanie :D
In keeping with the award, you have to share ten things about yourself so here you are:
1. I am extremely competitive. Used that drive in many a sport when I was in school and during my single days but with family and additional commitments I have to settle for competing in sports via the Wii and trying to win the cake decorating contest at the school's Spring Fair LOL!
2. I hate to cook. Thankfully my husband loves to and is a fabulous cook :D
3. I am not at all naturally creative thus I am a sloooooow stamper. However, I love working with my hands and the thrill of finishing a card and loving it (especially after the blood, sweat and tears along the way LOL) always makes me happy and wanting to create another one.
4. I love to encourage people and help people become the best they can be.
5. I can be rather opinionated at times. It's a family trait which we coined into a saying "Four Benda's five opinions"
6. I am extremely loyal to my family and friends and will go to the ends of the earth for them.
7. I love being a mom. After many a year in the corporate world, staying home was a bit of an adjustment but I wouldn't trade it for anything now. It is a lot harder than any job I ever had, runs on a 24/7 time clock but the rewards are simply amazing.
8. I watch kids before and after school and have consequently been blessed to able to stay home with mine as a result.
9. I am a big kid at heart. I love to have fun, and enjoy each day to the fullest.
10. I am ever so thankful for all the wonderful blogs and websites out there who provided such amazing inspiration and talent as well as sketches (oh how I need sketches!) as I would be lost without them!
11. Okay, I cheated and added one more LOL! I'm thankful for every one of you who comes and visits me in my little piece of blog land. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would be making cards and blogging about it. It has become a big part of my life and I am humbled and grateful that there are those of you out there who take the time to come and visit me. Thank you for walking through this journey with me - I love having you along (((hugs)))
The blogs I would like to pass this award on to are:
1. Kristina at Itty Bitty Pieces Of Me. Just love her clean style and beautiful creations.
2. Stacey at Stacey's Stamping Stage for giving me the opportunity to be on her Curtain Call Crew Design Team for her weekly colour challenges.
3. Holly at Toy's Haven. When I first joined SCS I think I saved every on of her cards in my favorites!
4. Deb at Sendable Sentiments. Deb has some wonderful creations on her blog - cards and scrapbook pages
5. Vicki at All I Do Is Stamp. She has a wonderful selection of cards to view on her blog.
6. Iwona at Random Acts of Creativity. She is a card making machine! So many amazing creations on her blog each day.
7. Sue at My Inner Reflection. A fellow Curtain Call Crew member who creates wonders with colours.
8. Shelley at Stamping Garden. Another fellow Curtain Call Crew member who leaves the loveliest comments.
9. Melissa at My Paper Obsession. A fellow Canadian Curtain Call Crew Member with wonderful work.
10. Vicki at It's A Stamp Thing. I just love Vicki's style and her creations always inspire me.
Have a great day everyone!