Thursday, April 1, 2010

Clean and Simple Butterflies



I saw this sketch and just loved it!!  It is this week's Clean and Simple Fall To Layout #84.  Don't know why I haven't clued into this blog earlier since I love CAS cards!  Upon checking out the blog I found tons of fabulous sketches from past weeks I am dying to try! Needless to say, I am hooked!!

There are so many possibilities with this sketch that I will most definitely be using it again in the future!  I was originally going to basically make a card of the sketch (you know me and flowers) but opted for butterflies instead - surprise, surprise LOL!  This time I used the smaller butterfly in the SU Sizzix butterfly die so I could put two on the panel instead of just one big one.  If truth be told, I just couldn't get the colours to work on a layered large butterfly and didn't have a button of the right colour anyway, so I turned one butterfly into two :D   Love the finished product, even though I seem to have regressed to Fall.  Think I'm going to have to make a second one more in tune with Spring colours to celebrate the season!

Have a fabulous Easter weekend everyone :D  We are going to be out and about quite a bit this weekend so my stamping time will be very limited to non-existent.  Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me and I hope to be back sooner than later :D




What's In It:
Stamps: Noteworthy
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  SU Sizzix Butterfly Die, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Fiskars Large Scallop Punch, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Vicki said...

Super cute Marisa, I was looking at that layout last night......I need to get busy with it.

I love the colors you used! Fabulous!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

LOVE this Marisa! FAB design with the butterflies and I ADORE your color combo!!!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is CLASSY!!! Love the clean feeling and those butterflies.

Alex said...

WOW! Marisa, you ROCKED CAS!!! Love the colors and those butterflies! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Laural-Lee said...

Marisa I really like that pop of orange! Beautiful card.

LeAnne said...

OMW, this is beautiful. I just love those jumbo scallops....just might have to invest in one of those punches!!

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is so pretty. I was out running and saw a butterfly in these colors today.. You are so good at using those dies.. Great job.. Have a super Easter.

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the simple elegance! Beautiful card!!

Renée said...

Totally classy card, Marisa! Love the butterflies :)

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love the design and colors! Beautiful butterflies and pearl accenting! Terrific card!

Heidi said...

Marisa- this is just beautiful. What border punch did you use on this card. I think it still looks springy!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Clean and classic - love the pearl bodied butterflies and what does it matter than you've regressed to Fall....it's Autumn here now!!! :D

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous! where did you find this color scheme....it's fantastic!

TannyP said...

Your butterflies might just be my next obsession from your blog =) The first being swiss dots!

Beautiful CAS!!

Christine said...

What a beautiful use of color and layout Marisa! Such an eye catching card!