I have the wonderful honour of being part of a surprise Mojo Monday Baby Blog Hop for Julee! If you haven't heard, she is expecting twin boys in mid-March, so we wanted to share our love, support and happiness for Mark and Julee on the upcoming birth of their sons :)
If you have arrived from Amber's blog you are right on track. If you just happened upon the hop and want to start from the beginning, or if there is a glitch somewhere along the way, you can go to the bottom of this post for the master hop list.
Being that Julee is Verve's owner and creator, I just had to use Emery! I paper pieced him twice and went with a blue and brown colour scheme as it is such a fun combo for boys. Since the paper also has an eyelet pattern, it's my way of sneaking in a girly tribute to mama Julee :)
Another part of this hop is to give Julee some advice on motherhood. Though I did not have twins, and have no clue what to advise on that front, my two kids lead me to give the following advice:
- Sleep when they sleep. The housework can wait!!!
- Have some prepared meals in the freezer so you have quick and easy access to meals! That way you won't have to cook in your exhausted state those first few months. Makes for good milk too.
- Keep a "baby's firsts" book (many are available on line) where you can note your child's milestones their first year of life: first tooth, first smile, first roll over, when they sat up, used a sippy cup, ate their first solid food etc. Best part is your kids will love looking through it when they are older.
- Make sure you have some adult interaction time (mommy group, visiting friends etc.)
- Don't be afraid to ask for/receive help.
- Take lots of pictures. Fun twist is to take a picture every month by the same object/stuffy so you can easily see how much they grow from month to month.
- Pray, pray, pray and pray some more as you raise them to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength and equip them with the skills and character required to be amazing men and husbands.
- Treasure special moments in your heart because the years go by waaaay too quickly!!
The next stop on the hop is Janelle's blog, so pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the fabulous creations along the way!
Master Hop List
What's In It?
Stamps: Emery Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper: Cute as a Button (Pebbles), Bazzil Brown, SU Bashful Blue DSP
Accessories: 5/8" Blue Satin Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals