Friday, February 24, 2012

Shamrocks Are Multiplying


 
One more St. Patrick's Day card for you using this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch.  I changed the squares to circles because IMHO shamrocks look better on circles and I kept things rather simple as it is going to a male.  Know there is a bow on there, but he can handle it LOL!

I've had so much fun working with all the greens on these St. Patrick day cards (for those that don't know, it is my favorite colour and pairing it with kraft makes it even more fun).  Makes my heart sing -- and be glad it is just my heart that's singing, otherwise it would be a sad, sad, situation LOL!   Yes, tin buckets and I get along very well thank you ;)

Love the fact there are various shamrock sizes and matching dies to this Verve set!  Julee is the bestest :)    

Have a glorious day and a great weekend!



What's In It?
Stamps: Lucky You (Verve) 
Paper: Sonoma Fall Oak (Scenic Route), Wild Wasabi, Kraft 
Ink: Garden Green, Black 
Accessories:  1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Shamrock Die (Verve), SU Border Punch, 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

17 comments:

LeAnne said...

Fun card, Marisa! I don't usually make St Pat's cards, although I do have a friend whose birthday is that day.....but I am sure she's probably had enough green for a lifetime. I don't usually pair green with kraft, but it looks great here!!!
Have a great weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

CUUUUUTE!! Love that bow too!

Benzi said...

Very cool Irish card, Marisa. I didn't know green was your favorite color...learned a new tidbit today.
So, you're a tin bucket type gal, huh? I kind of doubt that. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Maureen said...

eek! You are really warming up to March right! 3 more weeks! The shamrocks are the perfect shape for those little squares :) Have a lovely day...hope you're still on the mend :)

Vickie Z said...

Loving your shamrock cards, including this one!!! Kraft and green are wonderful together!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the green with Kraft and the twine in the shamrock buttons is just perfect!
xx

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Marisa!! So love how you used this sketch!! It is perfect!!

Betty Wright said...

Love the hues of greens, Marisa! I just got my shamrock stamp and die cuts the other day. Need to ink those babies up for sure! Awesome card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous St. Patty card Marisa. The sketch worked so well for this one. :o)

nwilliams6 said...

Marisa, wonderful St. Pats Day card - super papers and sketch. Makes me want to go get some Corned Beef and Irish Ale now. TFS!!! Hugz.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Great job on this sketch. Love your St. Patrick's Day card. I like the cut shamrocks. These colours look great together too.

Christina said...

Love this festive shamrock card, Marisa. I have a hard time combining different shades of green, but you are a pro!

Jennipher said...

This is fabulous Marissa! Love all the clean lines.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great job with that sketch, Marisa! LOve those sweet little shamrocks. :)

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect for St Patrick's day. I am loving all that green too. The kraft is perfect for this paper. Love it.

TannyP said...

I swear I thought I commented on this because I've been drooling over it for quite a while =) Beautiful ribbon and those shamrocks are lovely! Beautiful paper choices!

Sue said...

Ooh la la, green and dots, you cant go wrong! a beautiful tribute to the sketch! :)