Thursday, October 11, 2012

Merry Monday Sketch

Merry Monday
Only had time for a quick card today and this Merry Monday sketch was perfect to work with.

The Christmas theme surfaced when I saw the star on the sketch and the outside weather, which has robbed us of our sunshine, made me think of warm fireplace to sit by as I drink my tea and read a book.  Can you tell what I want to be doing right about now LOL!

I swapped the star out for a snowflake, dug around for my bells, and used them as my accent piece along with some gold cording.

A quick and easy card.  Well....sort of....as the the process of getting to the final version was not as quick and easy as I would have liked LOL!



What's In It?
Stamps: Short and Sweet (Stampin' Up) 
Paper:  Kraft, Real Red, Sahara Sand and Old Olive (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen, I Believe (MME) 
Ink: Black 
Accessories:  Snowflake Die (Cuttlebug), Word Window Punch (Stampin' Up), Lattice Embossing Folder (Stampin' Up), Button, Bells, Gold Cording, Red Bling, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Danni said...

Love that big snowflake! Great card!

Anonymous said...

I love that sentiment font and it looks so pretty peeking out on this card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome card Marisa...the big snowflake is perfect with this design! Hugs ~S~

LeAnne said...

WOWZA! This is big, bold and beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week, too!

Lesley said...

Hi Marisa!!
So happy to see you playing this week and such a gorgeous card with that big snowflake. Thanks for joining in at Merry Monday!
Hugs,
Lesley

Marianne said...

Love the card. I had seen the sketch and immediately thought Christmas + snowflake, too, but I haven't had time to do any crafting this week... ;-(

Sue said...

So cheerful with the big snowflake. . .love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - great colors - love the snowflake!

Benzi said...

Super snowflake and I think I hear jingle bells ringing. I have a jingle bell song going on in my mind now. LOL
Pretty Christmas card, Marisa.

Maureen said...

that embossing looks so cozy! We started the fireplace this week although the days are still sunny and warm. Duvet is going on the bed this weekend! That snowflake looks like it's showing off with the bold colours and bling! We don't have a chance against her! Happy Friday indeed!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Marissa, I love the DP and texture. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful work on this sketch. I love that snowflake and the jingle bells.
Darbaby on SCS

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, stylish make Marisa! Love the snowflake and the bells.
xx

Bonnie said...

I love that red snowflake, the bells and twine and the idea of sitting in front of a fire with a good book! Marissa, you have such a wonderful style of card. I always enjoy seeing them, even if I don't tell you often enough. Thanks for sharing this with us this week at Merry Monday!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous Christmas card! Love the way the red snowflake pops against the green and white!

Stacy Morgan said...

So cute and so simple, perfect for Christmas cards.

maria f. said...

Such a happy card. I love polka dots. And that is one cool snowflake - lots of personality.