Monday, October 29, 2012

Mojo Monday #265

2012 Faves

Since it's the last Monday of the month, it's round or square week over at the Mojo Monday blog.  Two sketches for you to choose from, or you could get ambitions and use them both :)

This time around, I chose the square sketch.  Out of character for me, but this one spoke to me as I love using my lacy squares Nestabilities.

A Christmas theme has has begun on my blog, and I had great fun using this wonderful MME glittered paper called I Believe as my starting point.  Needed a "pop" of colour so I punched out a snowflake and added red embossing powder so it would nice and sparkly.  Oh how I love snowflakes...it's my winter replacement for leaves LOL!
You can check out all the challenge details are over on the  Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples!  Should you wish more details on their cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.



Hard to believe November will be here in just a few days!!  Time to start the Christmas shopping!  I like to be done by the end of November so I can focus on the joy surrounding the season :)

Have a fabulous day and have fun with the sketches.     

 

What's In It?
Stamps:  Glad Tidings (Verve) 
Paper:  On the Bright Side (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive 
Ink:  Black , VersaMark 
Accessories:  Lacy Square Nesties, Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Red Embossing Powder,  Black Half Pearls, Gold Twine, Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Ah...that glitter snowflake is divine...love the pope of color!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful holiday card, Marisa! That snowflake is beautiful!

Marianne said...

Love how you've combined traditional Christmas colours with a less traditional Christmas card design. BTW, did you notice that the MM team appears to have a favourite stamp this week LOL?

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Marisa. Love the paper and your big, red snowflake. Nice way to use the gold twine.

Debbie Carriere said...

Love it!! Great snowflake and love the good twine!

June K said...

Very stunning card. I love the red snowflake.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the pop of red!

Maureen said...

love the touch of gold for a bit of sparkle! Yes, it's Christmas season here too! Sadly, though, my cards are the last to make...the fancy ones will be taken to school or sold in my sister's wine store. (I save a few,though :)

Lynn Hoyt said...

Very cute and simple! Love it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Marisa! Love the sparkle from the snowflake and the gold twine adds a festive touch! I guess we both had "joy" on the brain this week!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card I love all the details
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Danni said...

Very elegant holiday card! I adore the big snowflake, such a perfect touch!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful Mojo card Marisa. I love the gold cord and sparkly snowflake.
I have missed so many sketches lately. Oh how I want to get back to them.

Wanda Cullen said...

The mojomakers were feeling the joy this week - lol - as 3 of us used a "joy" sentiment on our cards! :-) Love the pop of red on your snowflake along with the gold cording! Gorgeous!

nwilliams6 said...

Another stunning Christmas card! Love the snowflake and colors. I sure hope I am on your Christmas list!!! LOL! Hugz!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Just had to hop on over from Mojo Monday to tell you how stunning your card is :)
I love the gold twill and that beautiful cranberry coloured snowflake x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful die cuts and I love the gold cord accents. So elegant!

Anonymous said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.
I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back at some point.
I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have
a nice day!
My webpage laweightloss