Tuesday, April 20, 2010

CAS Mother's Day Card


I loved this sketch so much that I had to use it again, this time to add to my Mother's Day card collection.

Since my last card using this fabulous sketch used butterflies and I needed another Mother's Day card, I decided to go with flowers this time round (surprise, surprise LOL!).  However, my wide scallop punch jammed on me when I was using it today - ugh!!  Off to the freezer it went and after a five minute time out in there, it was good to go again.  I believe the cause of the jam was using some card stock that was on the thin side so the punch bent the paper rather than cutting through it - at least that is what I'm hoping!  Note to self:  don't use this punch with thin card stock! 

Out came my Stampin' Up! five petal flower punch and my Martha Stewart leaf and butterfly punches.  After a bit of arranging (I still have issues with placing leaves around flowers), it was basically done.  Some half pearls and ribbon finished things off and voila, a clean and simple Mother's Day card to go :D

Have a fabulous day!




What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Because of You
Paper:  Rose Romance, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Accessories:  Large Scallop Punch , SU Five Petal Flower Punch, Martha Steward Leaf and Butterfly Punch, Half Pearls, 5/8" Celery Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

4 comments:

TannyP said...

A perfect example of clean, simple and beautiful! Are those swiss dot centers?!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Marisa!!! What fabulous colours, love the pearl butterfly and that big scallop border!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great cas card-it caught my eye in the gallery on scs-right into my faves for a case- i need some quick mothers day cards