Friday, April 16, 2010

Flowers for Mom

This Card Patterns sketch is such a fun sketch!  There are so many wonderful possibilities that I jumped at the chance to use it.  I opted to go with an oval instead of a circle shape for my card because it fit the flower images better.  Think I may very well turn around and use this sketch again and simply change the focal shape.  This is definitely my kind of sketch :D   

I wish I could remember where I got this lovely piece of DP because I'm kicking myself for not getting another piece!!  It matches Regal Rose and Certainly Celery perfectly!  May have to visit my "watering holes" to see if I can find it again because I love the soft design and it's perfect for Mother's Day cards.

I used the stems from Verve's Petals and Stems set and punched out the flowers.  In hindsight, I wish I had used a larger oval for the image panel because I find this one a bit small.  In addition, I can't believe I didn't notice the crooked brads when I was taking the picture, or putting them on the card for that matter - ugh!!  Needless to say, that issue has been resolved!  What can I say, I had issues today LOL!

Thanks for popping in and have a fabulous weekend :D





What's In It?
Stamps:  Verve Petals and Stems, Memory Box
Paper:  Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Fancy Pants DP
Ink:  Certainly Celery
Accessories:  Scalloped Oval and Oval Nesties, Apron Lace Punch, Marvy Flower Punch, $1.50 Mini Flower Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Marisa, love how you used the stems and punched the flowers!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is cute and pretty. Great job with the sketch.
My computer is up and running again.. Catch up time. I hate when these things break. LOL

TrishG said...

Cute layout and flowers. I like the soft colors and the scallops.

NinaB said...

Oh, this is so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

Maureen said...

yes, that paper is so soft and lovely :) I thought of you today as I posted my green and pink card :) Love the layered flowers and ribbon :)

whoistracy said...

This is so pretty Marisa! I love the springy colors and those flowers.

Nicole Wright Designs said...

What a pretty card, I love the butterfly! I made my mom a card today, but it wasn't for Mothers Day... Guess I should think about making one?

Wanda Cullen said...

Marissa, you are too funny! I have done that SO MANY times...photographed a card, THEN noticed something was crooked and I just HAD to fix it - lol! Guess Freud would call us both anal! :-) Love your pretty card...I love the simpler, clean styles, too!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day card Marisa!!! I like the punches you used :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Sue said...

a beautiful card (love those flowers) to match a wonderful layout, thanks for the inspiration to get my mother's day cards started! :)

Kathy Jones said...

This is such a beautiful Mother's Day card Marisa!!! Love these colours and your punched flowers look fantastic!!! Love this sketch too!!!

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card!Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Kristina said...

Oooh, that dp is pretty! And I love how you mixed the stemps with punches. That's one of those ideas I would never have thought up on my own, lol.

ChristineCreations said...

You do such fantastic work with punches Marisa this is such a pretty design!