Saturday, April 17, 2010

Curtain Call Colour Challenge Act 26


Love the grays with a splash of yellow which Stacey chose for this week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge.  That being said, I had a bit of an issue picking a sketch to use for this card.  For some reason, I couldn't wrap my mind or this colour combo around any of the sketches which were posted this week on the various blogs I follow.  Add that to my sketch designing skills being basically non-existent (believe me, I am forever indebted to those who create and share their sketches on line so I can use them LOL!) I had to move to Option B.

I have noticed my tendency to use a lot of Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenges for my Curtain Call cards.  Not sure why, it just seems to work out that way.  Probably because I just love her sketches!  That being said, Option B entailed a quick click of the mouse and browsing through the Word file in which I keep all of Karen's wonderful sketches.  This one caught my eye and I was off and running, I mean creating :D   

Teresa Kline recently used the Verve flower image on this card and it inspired me to use mine.  The Swirls embossing folder matched the swirls on the flowers (I used the negative side), the ribbon was from one of my Michael's ribbon bin diving adventures, and the butterflies finished things off nicely. 

The rest of the Curtain Call Crew have some wonderful samples for your inspiration.

We'd love it if you joined us too!!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to Mr. Linky on Stacey's blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword Curtain Call.  Each week, Stacey will select one person to receive her "I Got The Lead At The Curtain Call"  Award as well as five people to receive her "I'm A Top 5 Curtain Call Show Stopper" Award which you can post on your blog, so come on over and join the fun!

Have a fabulous day, and thank you for stopping by and sharing a part of yours with me :D




What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Because of You, (Verve) Circular Sayings
Paper: Going Grey, Basic Grey, So Saffron, White
Ink: Going Grey, Summer Sun
Accessories: SU Border punch, SU Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Swirls Embossing Folder, Silver Half Pearls, Ribbon from Michael's Value Bin, Dimensionals

24 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

this is gorgeous, Marisa!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty!! I love the dry embossing, and how you've stamped the flowers! Great job with the colors this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Sue said...

My oh my- I LOVE this creation, it is just soooooo elegant, the flowers are stunning! Just love stopping by to see what you have created!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful and sophisticated Marisa - you nailed the combo!!

Julie said...

Oh Marisa, this is so pretty!!! It also qualifies for the OCC challenge...to use butterflies.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous!!! Love this VV Set too!!! Hugs ~S~

Maureen said...

I love this colour combo...it's so sophisticated :) love all your little details right down to the pearls on the butterflies...adorable :)

Amy White said...

Lovely card Marisa! I love that sentiment - and your flowers with the pop of yellow are so fresh and springy!

Shelley said...

Beauty, Marisa! Love the layout you chose and the way you stamped the images. The ribbon is great, even greater that it was a bin find! Love how you embellished your butterflies, too! You're an inspiration each week!

Vicki Burdick said...

Awesome card Marissa, great job with this color challenge!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Marisa this is sooooo pretty!!! LOVE the soft feel of this card, I can't wait to try this color challenge!

Kristina said...

I am speechless... This is gorgeous! Love... *happy sigh* LOVE!

I think I've fixed the sermon link back on my blog! I linked it up incorrectly, lol. Great introduction to my church, eh? I attend CCV (Christ's Church of the Valley) in San Dimas, CA. We have an incredible pastor with a ginormous gift for teaching. The sermon was titled, "Celebration of Recovery." If you get a chance, watch it... It was AMAZING!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well, I had no idea you were with Curtain Call - I will HAVE to play!! Your colors are stunning on your card. And aren't the people who have sketches THE BEST - LOL I am constantly looking.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card - wonderful details and you made those colors work perfectly!

Sudha said...

Beautiful card

Renée said...

this is soooooooooo pretty! love the flowers with that bright yellow :)

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I love the grey and yellow together. Another combo I have never tried.. Great job on this card Marisa..

Wanda Cullen said...

I would not have thought to put these colors together, but I really like them! I never know what to do with that floral image (in fact, I don't think I ever inked it up) but you've inspired me to try it out. :-)

TannyP said...

That color combo is phenomenal - and you've mastered it once again. How long do I have to get that color combo card done?! Love yours and now I really must give it a try =)

TrishG said...

Gorgeous card. I just remembered to check out the CC challenge today and loved the colors. I will have a card to share later today I hope.

Your card is really lovely. Great use of the colors. Love the layout and layers. Beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh, I totally LOVE what you've done here!! What an awesome job with these colours and I really, really love this design!!! :)

Rose said...

What a gorgeous card!

Margaret Moody said...

This is a gorgeous card, Marisa! Thanks for sharing!

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

Gorgeous card!

Please check out my challenge blog: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

Happy Crafting!
-Megs :)