Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers

Sorry for the sporadic posting.  Life has been crazy busy this week and won't be slowing down for a few more weeks. With the Spring Carnival coming up next Friday we are busy mommies at the school.  It is a big fund raiser and always a load of fun, but needs a lot of prep work up front.  Add that to having to bake some cakes for the cake walk, being team manager for my son's spring soccer team (always lots of e-mailing to be done at the beginning to get things organized), encouraging and making sure my daughter is practicing hard as she works toward her Grade 1 piano exam in June, helping hubby cook for the youth group's overnight at the church at the end of April, along with all the normal things we are involved in makes for a crazy schedule right now!  Phew!  Makes me tired just typing about it LOL!

Sorry, I regressed....on to the card!  After recently seeing some lovely cards on SCS using the Stampin' Up! Top Note Die, I decided to play with my Label 8 Nesties, and this is what I came up with.  It's a pretty simple card, but I quite like it.  The only stamping is the sentiment, and I ran the flower centers through my Swiss Dots embossing folder for a bit of texture.

Thanks for dropping by! 





What's In It?
Stamps: Well Scripted
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Accessories:  Label 8 Nesties, SU Five Petal Flower Punch, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, 1/2 Circle Punch, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love the flowers.. They are so pretty. I love the colors you chose. Good for you doing all that volunteering. It is so important...Hugs.

Pam Speidel said...

Such a *lovely* card Marisa! Simply beautiful! It sounds like you've been super BUSY! I'm tired just reading it all! :)

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is so serene and fabulous! Wonderful colors and design!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa I hear you...life seems to get busier around this time of year...and family always has priority :)!!! Have fun coaching soccer!!!

Your card is so soft and beautiful!!! I so need to use my punches and top note more often...they look really great on your card!!! Hugs ~S~

Maureen said...

whew! and I'm tired just reading about this!! You are a busy lady :) Beautiful colours as usual :) Love your flowers :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a busy gal...but ya know...they grow up fast and before you know it, you're an empty nester! Your card is lovely and the little swiss dot flower centers are a neat detail!

Kathy Jones said...

My goodness, I'm tired just reading about everything you're doing! Glad you found time in your busy schedule to make this lovely card!!! What wonderful colours and love the flowers and you know I'm loving that pink satin bow!!!! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Marisa! So sweet asnd pretty!!

TannyP said...

What a busy schedule you keep! I need a nap just reading that.

Simply gorgeous as usual! I have that top die and I still haven't come up with anything this pretty. I love how you snuch in some Swiss Dots!

Susan (rainy) said...

Your designs are always so fresh and clean. This is beautiful, Marisa.

Hope the Carnival is a huge success!

Kim said...

Beautiful card - so soft and pretty!! Thank you so much for taking the time to pop in to my blog and leave me a comment. So appreciated :)
I hear ya, busy mommy!! I've been finding it difficult to find the time to be creative - but we must make time for ourselves too :)

Stacy Morgan said...

So fresh and pretty! I like these colors and you used them a lot together. Cake walks were fun as a kid, but as a parent I cringe at the kids winning 3 cakes and bringing them home. LOL