Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cascading Berries





I loved this picture - the cream and brown, a touch of red gingham and then the wonderful cascading berries - yummy.  

I immediately thought of SU's Peaceful Wishes set because it has the perfect "berry" type stamp to create the cascading berry image.  However, I wasn't so lucky when it came to finding my red gingham ribbon!  I searched high and low for the darn stuff, found every other colour of gingham ribbon under the sun, but not the red - ugh!  As it turns out, the moss gingham worked out pretty well.  Two down, two to go!

Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous day!





What's In It?
Stamps:  Peaceful Wishes, Hero Arts (sentiment)
Paper:  Real Red, Kraft, So Saffron, Cream Linen
Ink:  Mellow Moss, Real Red, Close to Cocoa
Accessories:  1/4" Moss Gingham Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Red Half Pearls, Glue Dots

7 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marisa, I feel like I am looking out my window onto a winter landscape! It's gorgeous, and you captured the inspiration pic beautifully.

TannyP said...

Stunning, Marisa! That cascading berry is just beautiful and I love your ribbon treatment!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! Love the real berries you added! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, I just love this design with them cascading downward with the red berry accents!!

Emily Keaton said...

What a beauty, Marisa!! I love the stamp you picked to match the photo inspiration. Lovely colors--good call going with the moss gingham! I think it is perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Marisa, I just love your design and how it flows, and the gingham ribbon is perfect! x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful choice of stamps for the inspiration piece!