Thursday, July 29, 2010

What A Fabulous Shower Curtain



Well, we are down to our last two days of the kids' swimming lessons and my lap swimming.  The chlorine smell is nasty so this shower curtain reminds me of what I'll be doing extra long for the next few days to try to get rid of the smell LOL!  Upside is I'm becoming a lean, mean swimming machine LOL!  Just have to do some Tae Bo for the two weeks we are off so I can pick up right where I left off :)

Amber gave us the choice using her three inspiration pieces or going to the Bed and Bath site and finding one of our own.  I opted for the later and found this gorgeous (at least in my mind) shower curtain!  Just LOVE this colour combo and since I just got my Watercolour Trio set, what more can a girl ask for!  I also noticed this colour combo would work for this week's Just Add Ink colour challenge - score :D

I used turquoise, sahara sand and chocolate chip for my colours and then remembered the wonderful ribbon I got from Michael's last year in one of my major ribbon bin diving adventures.  I loved this ribbon so much I dug and dug and dug until I had about fifteen rolls (they come in pink, blue and green colour combos)!  The ribbon fit the bill perfectly so the moral of the story is....keep diving in that totally, non-user friendly ribbon bin at Michael's LOL!

This brings me to the end of the July challenges!  Where there is a will there is a way (and some lack of sleep LOL!).  Can't wait to see where Amber takes us next month.

I get a night off tonite so I can continue reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  I am addicted, yup, that would be the word!!  Bed time has been between midnight and 1:00 a.m. for the past month as I've worked my way through the first two books.  Good thing it is summer time and I can sleep in a bit or I'd be hurting big time LOL!  SO glad I have four more to go. Can't wait to crawl into bed tonite and start book three.

See you on Saturday with my last guest designer Sweet 'n Sassy card.  Have a fabulous day and I hope you have been able to enjoy some of the joys of summer :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  Watercolour Trio
Paper:  Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Turquoise
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Ribbon from Michael's, Dimensionals

20 comments:

TannyP said...

I would agree - it's gorgeous! Love the way you've incorporated it into your card - and that ribbon really is a super find!

Enjoy your reading! I love when a booke captivates me so much I can't put it down =)

Maureen said...

Hi Marisa!!! We're back :) Had a lovely time and fell in love with our province all over again :) Love the colours you used and the stamps...they are all a perfect match to that shower curtain :) I've picked my own too and will make the card today and post everything later...i think the deadline is tonight for the VLV challenges. My mojo needs to be unpacked!!

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous shower curtain, Marisa! It inspired such a lovely card. Those colors ROCK!! Great ribbon--way to go on that ribbon-bin diving :) Have fun with your reading tonight!!

TrishG said...

Beautiful job! Love the colors and lovely ribbon! Great job with the challenges.

Kristina said...

I would have chosen that shower curtain as well! So lovely! In fact, I might just steal it as my inspiration picture. Hope you don't mind. You have good taste. :)

It's great to be back in blogland! I've so missed stamping and creating over the last few weeks. Only one more short interruption left this summer (one more reception in Washington next weekend), and then the little matter of a jury summons that arrived in the mail today. Guess they thought I might be bored this summer, lol.

So glad to hear that you are enjoying Jamie and Claire land! I've read the first four books, and then had to take a mini break. Book club doesn't help my need for reading more about Jamie and Claire, hehe.

Hooray for your PTI order! I can't wait to see what you create with
Turning a New Leaf. That may be an all-time favorite stamp set of mine. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful inspired card Marisa!!! Love this color combo and the rockin' SU Set :)!!!

BTW...the water park was awesome...I finally had some time to add some photo's on my blog. Hugs ~S~

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card! Impressive how well you duplicated that curtain design! :)

Danielle Daws said...

Such a sweet card! I love the ribbon you've used. :-)

Patrice said...

Lovely card Marisa. A great likeness to the shower curtain :o)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card using that inspiration shower curtain! I love those colours too, they look so classy together - just like your card. I love the ribbon as well.

Oh I love my books too, Marisa! I tend to get really into an author and try to read all their books before going on to the next author! I have just 'done' Cormac McCarthy who I think is an outstanding writer but quite depressing sometimes! I keep hearing wonderful things about Diana Gabaldon so I'm off to order something of hers from the library right now! x

Renée said...

That is a gorgeous shower curtain, Marisa! Love the design of your card. The colours are wonderful and that ribbon is gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

This card is so pretty.. My favorite colors.. I always don't like to go outside my comfort zone..Way to go on the swimming.. Maybe that is what I should do.. I would be so sore..That series sounds good.. My son is doing better than I am on reading..Have a great weekend.

Danielle Rack said...

Love this card, and the ribbon was so worth the digging. Thanks for sharing

Colleen Dietrich said...

Can't believe how close you nailed that shower curtain with stamps! It's perfect! Nice, serene colors too.

Enjoy your reading!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Amazing card from the inspiration!! LOVE the colors~~

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card! I also have read that series - I loved it!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! That fits the inspiration perfectly!! Love your ribbon and colors!! Gorgeous Marisa!

Sue said...

what a perfect ribbon for this project Marisa!!! I can't wait to get back to the pool, great exercise, great relaxation but awful smell!!:)

Krista said...

Great card Marisa !!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! i love the way you have the oval longways, very cute! Beautiful ribbon, I'm crazy about these colors:)