Saturday, July 3, 2010

Some Fun News!!

 
I have some fun news to share with everyone!  I have been asked to be one of the July Guest Design Divas over on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog!!   This is my first exposure to digi stamps and I must say I love how you can easily adjust their size and rotate them to fit your stamping needs.  

I fell in love (no pun intended LOL!) with their Love Sentiments 1 set and wanted to use it on my first card.   It has many amazing sentiments in fabulous fonts that you can use for Valentine's Day, weddings, anniversaries and even encouragement.  Plus, with having gone to a wedding last weekend and having celebrated our anniversary on July 1st, love was still in the air :)  

Last week's Stamping 411 sketch was a perfect fit for this set!  I loved the heart in the square panel, and though I did end up modifying it a bit, the fundamentals of the sketch are still there.  I paired it with this week's Play Date Cafe's Colour Challenge because the colours were a perfect match!  I ran the heart embossing folder though my Cuttlebug twice as I used it horizontally, used my heart Nesties and a Marvy flower punch, and finished the card off with a touch of ribbon, half pearls, and a button.

Thanks for popping in.  Back tomorrow with my sample of this week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge. 





What's In It?
Stamps:  Love Sentiments 1 (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper:  Real Red, White
Accessories:  Hearts Embossing Folder, Scalloped and Plain Heart Nesties, Marvy Flower Punch, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Half Pearls, Button, Glue Dot, Dimensionals


17 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

congrats on the DT spot, I know you will do a fabulous job...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderful work on this card and a beautiful addition to the gallery over at The Play Date Cafe, Marisa :)

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Marisa! Congrats on the DT gig.. and thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Maureen said...

congats, Marisa...I've never heard of them, but now will check it out :) "Hey, I know her!!!" Also, belated anniversary wishes...and I'm dying to ask why July 1st? or did it matter whether it was Canada day? Makes it easy to remember!!! LOL I always laugh at this joke..."The best way to remember your anniversary (or her birthday) is to forget it once." LOL We had a fun, but cloudy Canada Day...down at the big park here where there was an art sale, multicultural food booths, and activities for the kids. Lots of fun :)

Nancy in Iowa said...

Congratulations! This card is simply lovely and what a beautiful sentiment.

Julie said...

Great card and congrats!!!

TannyP said...

Yay! Congrats, Marisa!!

Shelley said...

Congratulations, Marisa! I know you will rock their world!

I may have to give these digi images a try. Like you, I've never tried 'em!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats!! Your creations are stunning!! You are an awesome addition!!

Gorgeous card!! Love all the white and the embossing!! What a perfect sketch! Happy belated Anniversary!

Ruby said...

Congratulations on your DT spot. Gorgeous card, love the fresh look of it. The heart works really well with the embossed background, love it! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

what a beautifully elegant CAS card, I love it! Congrats on teh DT spot, and thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

Kim said...

Wonderful creation Marisa! I love the embossing and tiny bit of bling...it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us this month!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats on your DT spot. Love this sweet and beautiful design and card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVE that embossed white background! Beautiful! I also love that sentiment with the heart and flowers--great job all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Susan said...

This is gorgeous!! Congrats on the Fab 4!!

Emily Keaton said...

Congratulations for winning the PDCC FAB 4 award for this beautiful card, Ritzi!! Way to go :) You really nailed it.

Julie Ranae said...

You made the FAB 4 at The Play Date Cafe...your badge awaits! Congrats!