Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Love This Colour Combo



This patterned curtain caught my eye right away.  I just love black and white cards, but as as I looked at the picture in more detail, I loved the cream, kraft and saffron colours in the room as well.

I started with a great piece of DP from my Costco pack and went from there. I VersaMarked the closest thing I had to a damask image on the saffron (it's one of the images in Verve's Accent Notes set) and added a little flourish with a half pearl to help fill out the sentiment panel a bit.  Black sheer ribbon, some cream half pearls and my card was done :)   I just love this colour combination and will definitely use it again!  Three down and only one to go - yeah :) 

Have a fabulous day and I'll be back soon with my  last Verve challenge card.  First, to the pool we must go  LOL!






What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Accent Notes, Psalm 3:3
Paper:  Cream Linen, Kraft, Black, So Saffron, Costco DP
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, 5/8" Sheer Black Ribbon, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Oh my! What a stunner. This is such a beauty, Marisa! I love that ribbon and the way you've used all the gorgeous colors. AMAZING job!

Anonymous said...

Marisa, I'm afraid my comments are going to be the same every time I visit your blog! Everything you do is simply stunning x

Danni said...

So elegant!! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Marisa - I love those colours! x

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! I am amazed how you accomplish so many challenges - and do them beautifully! I have trouble keeping them straight and what is due when!

Emily Keaton said...

What a stunning card, Marisa! You picked up on some wonderful colors in that pretty photo. I just love how elegant damask looks, and you translated that into your card perfectly. I hope the pool treated you gently today ;)

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is wonderful! Great take on the IP. I needed that scripture right now, too! Beautifully done! Blessings!

Denise Marzec said...

I'm with Katina. Everything you do is so beautifully done. This one is SOOO elegant!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I ADORE damask, and I am lovin' your card! What a great shower curtain, too. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

I can't agree more - fabulous colors!