Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Banner Birthday

 photo PSHBpic.jpg

Ever get so excited about making a card for a challenge and when you are done you realize you goofed and didn't fulfill the challenge requirements!  Well, such was the case with this card.  I got so excited about using this fabulous MME paper pad again that I totally forgot about the inspiration picture and was nowhere near the proper colour combination LOL!  Upside:  I have an extra card to post :)

A quick and easy card with banners which is a great way to use up some scraps - that is unless you "should be" using a "certain" colour scheme pffffft! 

Have a fabulous day!


What's In It?
Stamps:  Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)   

Paper:  In Bloom (My Mind's Eye)
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), 5/8" Grey Satin Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals. Dimensioanls

9 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

I do that all the time! Love this card! Pretty patterned flags!

Unknown said...

So simple, so effective and REALLY pretty Marisa. xx

Kim S said...

You've shown off the papers well!! I like the dark bow - my first reaction would have been to go with a soft color, but as I'm studying your card, the darker bow really highlights the patterns and is just perfect! I've learned something today!

Lynn said...

Ha! I've been known to do exactly that. Love your banners!

cm said...

What a fabulous card, with the pretty papers a la banner-showcased! Not a mix-up; rather, a happy mistake!
~c

Lee-Anne said...

LOL...that is so easy to do, Marisa! Especially when working with gorgeous paper like this! Really love those banners!

Bonnie said...

Love these papers and how these snippets make such a gorgeous card! Good goof!

nwilliams6 said...

Scrumptious papers -I see why you got so excited and this sketch is the perfect way to use up some beautiful scraps. I forget main points of challenges all the time - did it this week with that snowman card on Monday - LOL! Beautiful birthday card - I may case it today. Hugz

Colleen Dietrich said...

Really love the banners, the patterns, and the great way to use up skinny strips! Been meaning to pin this and have the photo saved in my phone. :)