Monday, November 10, 2014

Mojo Monday #371

Mojo 371 photo Mojo371pic.jpg

Time for another Mojo Monday sketch and today's has a big panel you can have lots of fun with.

I just "had" to use these fabulous 'Tis The Season papers by MME which I got on clearance after Christmas last year.  Nothing like having to wait 11 months to use something LOL!

I added a banner using one of the dies from the Banner Bundle Die Set and gleefully used this fabulous "joy" sentiment.  Couldn't wait to use this fabulous poinsettia die either and it was a perfect fit for the circle element on the sketch.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Chipped away at my Christmas shopping this weekend and am just about done -- please don't be mad at me!!  Over the years, I have found getting it done early (mid-November) eases much of the stress surrounding the Season (this year all the more as I'm now working part time).  With less stress, I can fully focus and drink deeply of the glorious celebration and meaning of Christmas.

Wishing you a fabulous week, and thanks so much for stopping by today :)


What's In It?
Stamps:  Christmas Joy (Verve Stamps)   

Paper:  'Tis The Season (Echo Park), Black, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Banner Bundle Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Poinsettia Die (Spellbinders), 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, White Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensioanls

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to go on almost being done with your shopping! Love the beautiful papers and amazing poinsettia.

Benzi said...

Fabulous papers and beautiful card, Marisa.

Almost through shopping?? Wow! That is terrific. I can't imagine having already done that. Go, Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the paper use!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the vibrant colors in these papers! Your poinsettia really pops! I'm finished with a good chunk of my Christmas shopping but not entirely. It really is a good feeling to get shopping done early! Hate fighting the last minute crowds!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card Marisa. Love the papers and the poinsettia.

Lee-Anne said...

So impressed with your card and your shopping being done :) Love the papers!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I can see why you had to have these papers-they are so pretty. Your card is beautiful. I love the bow and poinsettia.
Good for you being almost done your Christmas shopping. I did some this weekend too and hoping to finish early this year.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So classy! Love that sentiment flag.

Lisa Kind said...

Well it was worth the wait Marisa! The papers and your card are so pretty! Very classy card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is beautiful! I love these patterned papers together and the poinsettia is gorgeous!

Kim S said...

You've used some of my favorite papers. I love how gorgeous they look layered up like that. The simple banner sentiment and the bold poinsettia are perfect touches!

Bonnie said...

I love that snowflake paper! Glad you finally got to use it! Love the poinsettia too! A beautiful card, Marisa!

Shelley said...

Beautiful layers, bow and flower, Marisa! Using black on Christmas card is soooo challenging and you aced it! Very sophisticated and lovely! Hugs to you...I know it's been a while!

Nancy said...

So worth the wait! Great papers and card!

Unknown said...

I am in love with these papers Marisa - the poinsettia works perfectly on this too as does that beautiful bow. Hugz

cm said...

Finished your shopping: you are incredibly organized! I'll be 'starting' mine, hopefully, over the weekend, if I have opportunity to go to Calgary. We don't exchange gifts, other than for the little ones, but oh my...Aunty C has 25 little Advent Countdown gifts to get. I can hardly wait! I admire your restraint in keeping this paper for 11 months, and well worth the wait it is! Gorgeous, especially the poinsettia! WOW!
~c