Monday, November 24, 2014

Mojo Monday #373

 photo Mojo372.jpg

It's Tall and Skinny week over on the Mojo Monday blog.  I just love making this size of card - it changes up the layout size and it's amazing how lopping off 1/2" can make such a dramatic difference in the card's appearance.  That being said, my brain was going a hundred miles an hour the day I made this card, thinking about all I had to get done etc., when thankfully it idled just long enough to make me realize I had cut my card base a regular A2 size.  A quick 1/2" trim down the right side and I was back on track - phew!

I am hoarding this Bo Bunny snowflake paper as I just love it.  Got it a few years ago at my LSS and it only comes out to play on special occasions LOL!  Perfect for a Mojo card as it has Verve's signature colours of brown and aqua :)   The sentiment is from the newly released Weary World, my favorite set from this last release as it is full of quotes from some of my favorite Christmas carols.  Have caught myself humming more than once while working with this set.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Wishing you a fabulous week ahead, and look forward to seeing your creations.

Challenge:  The Pink Elephant


What's In It?
Stamps:  Weary World (Verve Stamps), French Script (Stampin' Up)

Paper:  Snowfall Blizzard (Bo Bunny), Early Espresso, Cool Caribbean, Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:   Snowflake Die (My Favorite Things), Crimper (Fiskars), Silver Cording, Bling, Silver Bells (Michael's), Dimensioanls

17 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the jingle bells and the non-traditional colors of the snowflakes. Gorgeous.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marisa. Love that snowflake paper too. I don't blame you for hoarding it. :) Have a wonderful day.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the colors! So pretty for Christmas.

Petra Swart said...

Love your beautiful card, Marisa!!!!

Nance Leedy said...

I can see why you love this paper--it's fabulous. Love the colors and the silver ribbon with those shiny jingle bells is the perfect touch--LOVE it! ((hugs))

Lee-Anne said...

Marisa...no wonder you love that paper...so pretty! As always a beautifully designed card!

Maureen said...

such a fun card with those Verve colours :)

Bonnie said...

I can see why you hoard that paper, Marisa! It'll be a sad day when it's gone. Beautiful colors and I love, love, love, the jingle bells!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, love the addition of the silver bells.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Marisa! Love that snowflake paper.

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Marisa! Love the bells!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful papers! The colors all look so beautiful together and the bells and silver twine add just the perfect touch Marisa. This is a frosty and wonderful card. Hugz

Kim S said...

I can certainly see why you are hoarding it - it's gorgeous. You've shown it off beautifully with the simple panels and elegant sentiment. I love the jingle bells and the texture in the blue strip.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Beautiful, Marisa!!! Lovely paper combo

cm said...

I'd be hoarding that gorgeous paper, too. The panels, the elegant sentiment, the bells, the textured blue strip...a stunning card!
~c

BMG said...

Very cute paper. I really like the idea of the bells,IV for some need to use up.Thank you for the inspiration!

Cari Verschueren said...

Of all the cards this one is my most favorite. I just love the Bo Bunny paper! I'm such a snowflake addict!