Friday, November 7, 2014

Diva Dare - November 2014


This month's Diva Dare is entitled "Vellum Visions" Soft and classy, vellum always makes a big impression.  This months we are daring you to add some vellum to your card or project.

DD Nov 2014 photo DDNov2014.jpg

I love white on white cards and had a winter wonderland concept in my mind for this month's Diva Dare.  I hand cut my "snow banks" and used both the embossed and debossed side of my Swiss Dots embossing folder to create some texture difference between the two snow banks.  Next, I used the Christmas tree die from the Winter Fun set to cut out five vellum trees and arranged them on my hills, making one a 3D tree for some dimension and interest.

My brilliant idea of making vellum trees was not so brilliant when I realized I had to glue the trees on without it showing - ugh!  I ended up using mini, bling glue dots I got at Michael's and cutting them a small as possible while still retaining some adhesion.  Think they are pretty invisible unless you look reeeeally closely (okay, you can stop looking for them any time LOL).  A few bling centered snowflakes and silver cording along the bottom added a touch of colour and sparkle to my winter wonderland, and I added a small tag using "joy" from Inspire Hope as it is my favorite Christmas word.

In true Verve fashion, where there is a dare, there are prizes, and this month's dare provides two prizes: one for a randomly selected participant and one for a randomly selected commenter! 

Want to get all the details on how you can win some Verve Stamps - particularly timely as Verve just has it's big Anniversary Release!  Simply head on over to the Verve Blog to get all the challenge details!





What's In It?
Stamps:  Inspire Hope (Verve Stamps)

Paper:   White, Vellum   
Ink:  Silver
Accessories:   Winter Fun Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Tiny Tags (PTI), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Bling, Silver Cording and Bling Glue Dots (Michael's), Dimensionals 

10 comments:

Darlene Gabriel said...

Even though I left a comment over on the Verve blog I just had to come here and let you know how gorgeous this card is. I love the white on white. These vellum trees are so soft and elegant. I can't wait to tackle this challenge;)
I've been recovering from surgery and not been able to do much. I've missed making cards, but am slowly getting back into it - yay!

Maureen said...

so soft and pretty...I like to add some kind of embellishment to vellum items so I can hide the adhesive behind it :) I couldn't see your adhesive...good job!

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card <3

Colleen Dietrich said...

WOW! I love this. So ethereal, so heavenly, so hushed. But I see what you mean about vellum trees being a problem to attach to the card. That didn't occur to me until you said so. (and I'm not going to look for your glue dots :)

Lynn said...

We can't see your adhesive :) I worry about the same thing though. The white on white is amazing! Gorgeous card Marisa.

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love the vellum trees and pretty snowflakes.

Betty Wright said...

Layered vellum perfection! Love those dimensional trees! Gorgeous Christmas card!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - this is gorgeous Marisa! Love this!!!!! Hugz

Nancy said...

WOW...Vellum trees that pop! Stunning!!!

cm said...

Marisa *waving widly* I'm here, finally catching up on the gallery of gorgeous you've been sharing of late! Your wintry white wonderland is lovely, filled with such pretty elements! And those vellum trees...perfect special touch! Fabulous!
~c