Friday, November 7, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Boho Bright Reminder

 photo CCNov7pic.jpg

Time for the Curtain Call Boho Bright reminder post.  Before you think I totally went off the deep end with this challenge, I decided one card out of my comfort zone with the main three colours of the inspiration photo was enough LOL.  That lead me to focus on the picture hanging on the wall and to go with that colour scheme instead - happy sigh wink, wink.

I used Jen's Deconstructed Sketch and papers from MME's Stella and Rose (loved this paper line) as they were the perfect match for what I needed.  The sentiment is from Verve's Treasured Words - one of my favorite sentiment sets as there is one for all sorts of occasions.

I couldn't totally disregard the bright, magenta curtain that takes up half the inspiration picture, so in honor of it, I added a few touches of purple which I found in the hanging picture on the wall.

Love for you to come and play along with us!



What's In It?
Stamps:   Treasured Words (Verve Stamps)   

Paper:  Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye)
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Tag Die (PTI), Scalloped Punch (Stampin' Up), 5/8" Purple Grosgrain Ribbon, Twine, Button, Purple Half Pearl, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

so wonderful! I love the pop of gingham!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Benzi said...

Cool design, Marisa. I like that added magenta. I also like the gingham.

Colleen Dietrich said...

You've used the inspiration photo perfectly, Marisa! It has that happy, dynamic feel, just as in the pic. :)

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful!! Those are a bold mix of colors but, both of your cards are fabulous!! Have a great WE!

Lynn said...

Oh I love the bright colors...the gingham on the paper is fabulous Marisa.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the pop of magenta -- fabulous job with both the sketch and colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Marisa. Love the tag with the button and vibrant ribbon. The pattern papers look great.

nwilliams6 said...

I love the touches of purple on this - they pop! This is one of the cutest tag cards I have seen in a long time. I am pinning it. Hugz

Lee-Anne said...

This is so sweet, Marisa! You always have such a knack for mixing papers and this is no exception!

Kim S said...

Great mix of patterns. Your touch of magenta is a wonderful look.

Nancy said...

Love the tag horizontal. You nailed the colors in the inspiration photo! Beautiful design!

cm said...

A Boho Beauty in every way, Marisa: the papers, the elements, the sentiment, and that wonderful tag, placed sideways, make for a most eye-catching delight!
~c