Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just Us Girls #210 - Die Inlay Technique

JUGS 210 photo JUGS210picA.jpg

This week our technique is brought to us by Vicki, and she has found this fabulous die inlay technique by Jennifer McGuire for us to try this week.  It's a fabulously video, and the added bonus is you get two cards out of doing it :)

I decided to use my Heart Nestabilities and basically mimicked Jennifer's card using a different shape.   It's a great way to use up your card stock strips - that is if you save them like I do LOL!  If you don't have two dies that nest into each other, you can use two different dies.

The rest of the  JUGS team, including our three new DT member's, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.    

Have a great weekend!  



What's In It? 
Stamps:  We Connect (Paper Smooches), Happy Valentine's Day (Savvy) 

Paper:  Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Rose Romance, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up)

Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:   Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), White Embossing Powder, White Half Pearls, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wasn't this a fun technique to do! I really enjoyed watching the video and learning a new technique. I love your heart cards....great colors!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow Marisa these are gorgeous.All these shades of pink AND Hearts what could be better for someone who loves hearts and pink! Beautiful job with this pretty technique.
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadian.
Darbaby on SCS

Lynn said...

This technique is so cool. I love those hearts...and how awesome that the end result is two cards!

Lisa Kind said...

I save all my scraps no matter how big or small! They always come in handy! Love the colors and your hearts! Great use of the technique!

Benzi said...

Love the technique and what wonderful cards you made. I think I have those heart dies.

Nancy said...

I love the colors and how well you always photograph your cards Marisa!.... How can you be so consistent all the time!... I hope my comments not doubled.... I lost internet in the middle of writing this! Enjoy your Sunday!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful colors and love the hearts. This really delivers a wow punch!

Nance Leedy said...

Marisa this is stunning!! Your color choices are perfect and the technique is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the video! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Bonnie said...

What an intriguing technique and you've picked the perfect paper, Marisa!

Vickie Z said...

Love this!!! Going to have to tryit!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You did a fabulous job with the technique! So glad you are on the Team!

Ravengirl said...

A very cool die technique! I love how you created with both the positive and the negative of the die.

nwilliams6 said...

Marisa, these are pretty! Love the papers you used. Lovely. Sorry I have been MIA this week. I have not been feeling too sporty - may have to have my gallbladder out this week...urgh!!!! Love your cards. Hugz!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards Marisa! What a fun technique!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are darling and a great idea for cards.

Anonymous said...

Love how you jumped into the challenge! YOur cards are super!!

Shelley said...

What a fun technique! Guess you are getting a very early jump on all those Valentine's Day cards you make!

Christina said...

Both of these are so pretty! I can't even decide which I like better. Such a great use of those strips!

Carol Hurlock said...

What a super fun technique. I love how you did the two cards to show the comparison. Very pretty.
Bear Hugs,
Carol