Monday, October 21, 2013

Mojo Monday #316

Mojo 316 photo Mojo316picA.jpg

It's time for another Mojo Monday sketch and I loved working with this week's sketch.

The sentiment is from Verve's Each Day set from their recent release.  I just love the verses in this set and the wonderful cross and butterfly images.

The sentiment I used is a portion of the Matthew 6:34 verse and I added the filigree image below it.  Thankfully, I am not much of a worrier by nature. However, one can never be reminded often enough that worry saps you of today's joy and energy, and in all honesty, will do absolutely nothing to change tomorrow.  Carpe Diem (seize the day) all the way!

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


My poor mom is having a hard go after her car accident.  Her car was a write off, so we have to find her a new car (thankfully the payout was very good), she has a concussion and is a bit diddled because of it, and is very, very stiff and sore.  If any of you are the praying type, I would greatly appreciate your prayers for her health and recovery.

Thanks for popping by today and hope you get time to play along with this week's sketch.  



What's In It?
Stamps:  Each Day (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cameo Coral, Kraft, Designer Series Paper (Stampin' Up), Capella (Basic Grey)
Ink: Black  
Accessories:   Flutterby and Pennant Trim Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scalloped Punch (Stampin' Up), 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Black and Brown Half Pearls, Dimensionals 

23 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Another sentiment we can all use! This is so true! Love the sweet colors and great layout. Your style never ceases to amaze me Marisa. Hugz!!!

Lynn said...

Marisa I will must definitely keep your mom in my prayers. Beautiful card.

Andrea Ewen said...

Absolutely beautiful, Marisa! Love your color choices and those delightful patterns!

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful with such inspirational words.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Little Things said...

I love your works! The card is amazing :)

Danni said...

Saying prayers for your mom!! and hugs for you!!

Beautiful card, such pretty colors!

Benzi said...

Very pretty card, Marisa, and really like the sentiment...although, I do fall short there. Ugh!
I'll remember your Mom in my prayers. Hope she gets better very soon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another awesome job with the sketch~

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marisa.
Sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep her in my prayers.

Maureen said...

I have always been a big proponent of this phrase...I think that's why I sleep so well at night! Such an uplifting card :)

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous card Marisa! So sorry to hear about your Mom, but glad that she is ok. Sending prayers and well wishes to her and your family!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous Marisa...luv these papers together! Do Not Worry About Tomorrow...words of peace to live by...thanks!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Marisa! Beautiful colors :)

Unknown said...

I love how every detail of your designs is so crisp...nothing gets lost in the mix of patterns and texture. This is just lovely...so pretty and elegant! The butterfly and that bow...gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Some of my fave colors going on here! Love the combination of papers! Praying your mom will make a total recovery real soon!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Marisa and I love that sentiment so much!

Melody said...

Pretty color combo!!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo pretty Marissa I miss the Satin Ribbons SU used to have...I am such a "bow" girl. Hugs~Donna

Vickie Z said...

Prayers flowing your way!! Somehow I missed the accident... so sorry to hear... wasn't your mom in the ER not too long ago? Love this sentiment.... it so speaks to me right now- trying to Live up to it... I am a worrier!! Wonderful card girl!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Beautiful card! Such a heartwarming sentiment and great color combination.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Ravengirl said...

Sorry to hear about your mother Marisa! I'll keep her in my prayers. Wonderful card today!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! That verse is very helpful to me with my current situation. I love the pearl accents on the border punch.

Colleen Dietrich said...

You do sketches very well! You are a good pupil. :) the colors here are nice and sweetly old fashioned...comfy and cozy.