Friday, October 25, 2013

Just Us Girls #212 - Photo Inspiration

JUGS 212 photo JUGS212picA.jpg

Welcome to another inspiration challenge at Just Us Girls.  I have been a bit remiss in the use of my beloved maple leaf and leaf dies, so it was time to use a wonderful, fall inspiration picture to facilitate their use.  Fall colours and leaves just make me happy -- one of my simple pleasures :)

I paired this week's challenge with one of this month's VLV sketches as that large circle was calling my name. Lots of wonderful fall coloured papers and three leaf dies - I am one happy lady LOL! 

The rest of the  JUGS team, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.  Plus if you are chosen as Chic of the Week, you could be invited to be a Guest Designer.

I'm also sneaking this card into the Tuesday Trigger challenge.  Love the bucket of leaves.  My colours are a bit off, but leaves is the theme so I jumped on it.  

Have a fabulous weekend, and I'll be back on Monday with my round or square Mojo Monday card - can you guess which I'll most likely be making wink, wink!   






 
What's In It? 
Stamps:  Poppy Birthday (Verve Stamps), Leaf Prints (PTI)

Paper:  Real Red, Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Kraft, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen, Grandma's Feather Bed(Bazzill Basics ), Pumpkin (Recollections)

Ink:  Black, Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:   Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Leaf Dies (PTI), Wood Grain Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Crimpter (Fiskars), Twine (PTI), Button, Brown Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

19 comments:

D- said...

This is a beautiful card. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! I love the colors, the design and those gorgeous leaves....well done!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch and inspiration Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous take from the photo! Love all the colors you picked up on~

Benzi said...

Yes, you've gotten out those wonderful leaves you love so much. Loving this Fall creation, Marisa...so pretty and colorful.

Maureen said...

I love the double layer of scalloped circles...gives it a doily feel!

sue t. said...

Awesome card Marisa! i love the mix of pattern papers.

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Great take on the inspiration photo.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card - love the colors!

Nancy said...

Love your photo this week Marisa! I think the team did a great job with it!! Your card is lovely and you have such a knack at combining Dp that work well together! Enjoy your Sunday!

Sue said...

What a GREAT card. Love all the colors and layers.

Christine said...

Love the lettering of the sentiment and that bright cluster of leaves!

Lisa Kind said...

I just loved the inspiration photo you chose! And loved what you did with it! The colors and those leaves are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful autumnal card Marisa. I love the colours, layers and the die-cut leaves. The button and twine are a perfect finishing touch.
xx

Vickie Z said...

Ahhhh....there are those gorgeous leaves!! Love the combo of colors and great use of the sketch!! Hugs my friend....hope your mom is feeling better!!

nwilliams6 said...

Love your dp and super fun sketch - such great details. Lovely!!!!Hugz!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty! I am loving the leaves!

Maria said...

This is fabulous! I love the bright colors and the wonderful layers! Great job!!

Carol Hurlock said...

You really rocked the sketch with this awesome little number. I love everything about it!
Bear Hugs,
Carol