Friday, October 11, 2013

October Diva Dare


Welcome to October's Diva Dare!  This month's theme is "Tag, You're It" and the Divas are daring you to create a tag or a card with a tag on it.

I love making and using tags!  They are so versatile: you can use a tag on a gift, use it on a card for a quick creation, or make a matching card and gift tag set.  Lots of wonderful possibilities!  With Christmas quickly approaching (....sorry, about the "C' word!), it's a great way to get started on gift and hostess tags too. 

Diva Dare Oct 2013 photo DivaDareOct2013picA.jpg

Today I went with the tag on a card option (though I also have a fun tag I made which I'll post in a few days).  Diva Jen's Deconstructed Sketch was the springboard for this card, and since I just love the images in the recently released Poppy Birthday, it was my set of choice.  The poppy cluster was coloured with Twinkling H2Os, and the paper is from Making Memories.  Something was missing so I added the secondary "enjoy" sentiment  from Surely Goodness to the small heart and a bit of crimping for some dimension.

Of course, where there is a Verve Diva Dare, there are prizes, and this month's dare provides two prizes: one for a randomly selected participant and one for a randomly selected commenter!  Worth participating for sure, because rumour has it there will be a Verve release coming soon, and a gift certificate would come in very handy wink, wink!

Want to get all the details on how you can win some Verve Stamps?  Simply head on over to the Verve Blog to get all the challenge details - I dare you!

 













What's In It?
Stamps:  Poppy Birthday, Surely Goodness (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Making Memories, Going Grey, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up) 
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Tag Die (My Favorite Things), Scalloped Heart and Heart Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Twinkling H2Os, 5/8" Grey Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Crimper (Fiskars), Black and White Half Pearls, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals
  

20 comments:

dj said...

sweet...love the double "flags" with the sentiment!! Awesome inspiration for this Diva Dare!! You also got me wanting to try this sketch...off to go get started!!

Kim S said...

Those flowers are fabulous! What a wonderful color combo!

Jen Shults said...

This turned out gorgeous Marisa! I love the pop of the black polka dot paper with the white and green. That is STUNNING!

CathyL said...

Adorable card, Marisa!

Benzi said...

Love that dark polka dot paper and it makes the sweet image really pop. It's a super card/tag combo.

Marianne said...

Wonderful card Marisa. Love the pops of pink and green against the B/W polka dots.

ChristineCreations said...

So cute Marisa!! I really like this set :)

Stacey Schafer said...

totally fabulous, Marisa! love your crisp white with pops of fun color!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the pearls in the flower centres.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Vicki Dutcher said...

I might have to play in this dare -- I adore tags on cards!! Your sample is quite fabulous with the fun flowers.

ps It seems like forever since I have been here :( -- sorry.

Ravengirl said...

A fabulous card! That's a great dare!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love tags on cards too. They always seem to add such a fun element! And I love the color combo!

Bonnie said...

What pretty poppies and paper! Love that tag!

nwilliams6 said...

So sweet! Great image and fun details sure to make whoever gets it feel very loved! Hugz!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute and don't you dare apologize for saying Christmas!!! I say it all year. hee hee

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous example of Marisa-liciousness! xxx

Christina said...

Such an elegant color combo--I'm loving the soft green and pink paired with black. And you've become such a pro with using a skewed panel. This sketch looks fantastic with the tag!

Unknown said...

I love the double flags and hearts with the tag all on top of that beautiful black and white polka dot bg!

Carol Hurlock said...

Super gorgeous. You know my heart always goes pitter patter when I see your crimping.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Colleen Dietrich said...

This card reminds me of a childhood memory, and makes me feel good. :) love the pink and black together.

Thank you SO much for leaving love at my place, and I am sorry it has been a while since I stopped in. I see all your posts in my inbox, and life has been so very busy, leaving me with little free time. With the clocks changing this morning, I had an extra hour to visit you!