Thursday, October 17, 2013

October Diva Dare Take Two


This month's Diva Dare is right up my alley (make a gift tag or use a tag on a card).  I could make tags forever as I love the small working area and the endless possibilities of creating on it. 

I used the newly released Rain or Shine set to create a fun tag to add to a "pick me up" gift for a friend.  I VersaMarked the umbrella image behind the sentiment, added a few rain drops and then the sun in the corner.  Not sure if I'll keep it a tag or add it to a card, but regardless, it will get used :)

Thanks for popping by today!



What's In It?
Stamps:  rain or Shine (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Night of Navy, Real Red, So Saffron, Kraft (Stampin' Up)  
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sun Die (Lil'  Inkers), Tag Die (My Favorite Things), Button, Glue Dot, Twine, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how you stamped behind the sentiment. And the elements are placed perfectly on this card. Awesome Marisa!

Benzi said...

Marisa, this is cute as can be...loving that bright sunshine you added.
Raining here, but needed. It's a good thing as Martha says. :-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute with the sun and shadowed umbrella~ Fab colors also

Ravengirl said...

This is so cute! I love the watermarked umbrella in the back!

Maureen said...

sweet and adorable...I''m sure it will come in handy :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the background stamping behind you sentiment and all the fabulous layers Marisa! Love this!

Jen Shults said...

MARISA!!!! This is AWESOME!! I love the bold colors and the wonderful textures of this. The absolutely brilliant watermark stamping. Seriously LOVE this!

Sue said...

FanTAGstic Marisa!! I am amazed at how much goodness you can have on one little tag!! :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh I really love this!! So much dimension and detail! This is really really cute!

nwilliams6 said...

So cool! I love how you have the umbrella and rain softly behind the sentiment. Great die cut layering too. Well done. Hugz!

Lisa Kind said...

Love this bright and cheery card! Took me a second to notice the umbrella and raindrops! Very nice touch!

Lisa Kind said...

Tag, not "card"!

Anonymous said...

A mini masterpiece! So much interest in such a tiny space - love it!
xx

Kim S said...

It's a perfect pick-me-up! It's a great saying and I love the cheerful sun, the bold colors and the little background scene!

Christina said...

How cute to stamp the umbrella behind the sentiment! This is sure to brighten someone's day--I love the cheerful colors you've chosen.

Unknown said...

i love these classic colors, bright, bold and the shapes are awesome...awesome design too!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so super cute. Love the layout and the fun colors.
Bear Hugs,
Carol