Friday, January 18, 2013

Just Us Girls #172

JUGS172

This week's challenge is a colour challenge brought to us by Vicki.  She has selected the wonderful combination of white, grey and lime green.   I paired it with an old Sweet Stop sketch.

Since there was a lack of lime green in my paper stash, I chose this wonderful flowered paper by Jilly Bean.   My blogging buddy Dawn recently posted a card using Verve's Dream big set, and since it is one of my favorite sets, I decided it was time to pull it out again myself.  A darker shade of grey for the leaves and a pop of black and some bling did the trick :)

For some inspiration to get you going, just hop on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be selected as Chick of the Week.

Off to the soccer field we go today early Saturday morning - hoping the field is open  (so far no call of closed fields) as the temps have still been cool.  Fingers crossed for an open field and a win!  Then over to my mom's for an early birthday dinner celebration with the family.  Sunday afternoon my daughter has a piano recital and then I think I am going to go curl up in a chair with a blanket and a book Sunday evening just to relax a bit after a busy weekend (that is if my kids let me LOL).   


Have a great weekend!  Back on Monday with my Mojo Monday card.



What's In It?
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve)

Paper: Green Onions (Jilly Bean Soup), Going Grey, Grey
Ink:  Black, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Lacy Circle and Circle Nesties, Dreamy Leaves Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Medium Scalloped Die (PTI), 5/8" Satin Celery Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Bling, Dimensionals


23 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marisa! LOVE the DP and ribbon which coordinates so well. As always a fabulous end result! xxx

Lynn said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy birthday to your mum and I hope you stay warm and come home with a win! I love your card...the green is truly, truly fabulous!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous girl! Love how you've layered that flower! Stunning!! Isn't that an awesome set!?! LOVE it!

Lisa Kind said...

Your cards are always perfection! Love the pattern paper and the lovely flowers! So pretty!

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card Marisa! Love the colors, sentiment and patterned paper you used!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow! I just adore this lime :-) thanks for brightening my Saturday :-)

LeAnne said...

Yowsa, I love this combo....your card is beautiful!

Pam W Merwin said...

Another beautiful card! I love stopping by to see your daily inspiration :)

Maureen said...

LOVE the lime green dp :) Such a great colour palette :) We must have been thinking alike this week. Made a card with light grey leaves yesterday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I knew you would rock out these colors!! This is so fabulous!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cheerful and that lime green is awesome! Hope your book is good and your DD recitel went well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Marisa! I love your stunning card! And that dp and ribbon {bow} are da bomb!! LOVE IT!
Hugs,
Sharon

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the color combo, the layout...love it all! Great card!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the gorgeous green on this and love the inspiring/affirming special sentiment too. This is a winner. Hope soccer was wonderful and your Mom's birthday dinner was special - you are soooo busy! I went on a college tour today - my baby...OM I am feeling old! Hugz!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh such a pretty card. Love the Verve stamps you've used on it. Pretty paper.
Hope the soccer went well. Is it your birthday you are celebrating?? If so ......hope it is a fabulous one. Enjoy your reading/relaxing tomorrow evening.

Vickie Z said...

These colors are gorgeous and LOVE how you used them!! I have had a "bug" and thinking I am finally on the mend!! Hope the weather is/was good for the soccer game and not too chilly!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, love this!! Gorgeous colour combo and perfect take on the sketch once again!

Hope you had a lovely day!
xx

Benzi said...

Ooh, la, la...what a great combination of colors. I want to make a card using them. :-)
I really like that pretty flower, too.
It's a pep-me-up card and it did!!
I love it!!
I'll be away from blogging for a few days. See ya when I return.

Bonnie said...

I love these greens and that built up flower is so pretty!

Vicki Burdick said...

such a pretty color combo Marisa!! Love that flower and pretty ribbon!!

Shelley said...

Geez, another challenge I would love to do...I like these colors (even though they're aren't part on my usual pallet.) You really made an inspiring card. Just love the big sentiment with those bold colors!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love times three! It is now my fave card of yours. :)