Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cardabilities Thank You

Carol Thank You photo Cardabilities93picA.jpg

Loved this Cardabilities sketch so decided to play along.

The papers are from MME's Dolled Up and I broke in my new QuicKutz doily die which I got a Michael's with my 50% off coupon.  With my luck the doily craze will soon be over, but then that is what you get for being a late coming to a craze LOL!

The card is for a dear friend who graciously gave us an amazing deal on a time share in Hawaii.  This will be our first family vacation ever (other than heading over to the Island every summer for a week to stay with hubby's parents or going to Alberta to visit family there).  To say we are excited and feeling very, very blessed is an understatement!!   Can't wait to enjoy the sun, surf and sand and spend time together as a family creating some amazing memories.  Hawaii is similar in climate and environment to Costa Rica where I grew up so it's a double bonus for me as it will also bring back many fond memories of my childhood.  Think I'm going to be the biggest kid there LOL!

Thanks for popping in today!

Challenge:  Butterfly Challenge





What's In It?
Stamps:   Bloom and Grow, Friendly Phrases (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  Dolled Up (My Mind's Eye), So Saffron, Real Red, Kraft, Going Grey (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Black, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up)  
Accessories:  Flutterby and Elegant Leaves Dies (A Cut Above by Verve),
Dainty Doily Die (QuicKutz), Doily and Medium Scalloped Dies (PTI), Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, White Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh wow Marisa! Your vacation sounds amazing! Looking forward to hearing all about it. Your card is beautiful too!

Benzi said...

Super pretty card, Marisa. Wow! A wonderful trip to Hawaii with family! Doesn't get much better than that.
Didn't know you grew up in Costa Rica.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the sketch! Love the dual doilies~ Thanks for playing in Cardabilities!

Maureen said...

wow! Two doilies! You're going to town today! Love them!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii Marisa. I'm dead jealous! LOL
Love your card, as usual, you really make the most of a sketch and give us plenty to ogle. xxx

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh Marisa, I'm so happy for you and your family.....what a wonderful vacation you'll have and you will love Hawaii. This card is gorgeous. Such pretty DP and I do love your doilies and butterfly. This is a beautiful way to say "Thank You"

Cataleya said...

Marisa, it's so beautiful and cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!

~ Olga Kovalchuk

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Marisa I hope that you have a fabulous time in Hawaii, it is so beautiful there. So much culture. Beautiful card today, love the patterned paper.

cm said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, and your doilies are so eye-catching! I don't think they ever go out of style, especially when they're paired with your stylish flair! The MME paper...swooning! Yet another delightful work of art. Trip to Hawaii with your family: excellent! Enjoy to the nth degree (I know you will!). Your friend will be touched by your card, as am I!
c

Jen Mitchell said...

Hawaii seems like a wonderful place to visit. I'm sure you'll have a fabbo time there! The whole doily craze has totally passed me by but now that I've seen this card I think I might need one or two of those dies! LOL!

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous design, Marisa...love the doilies! So happy for you and your family, sounds like a fabulous trip!

Emily Keaton said...

This card is SO eyecatching and cheery! Love that pretty patterned paper and sweet doily die cut. Yay for great deals! And your deal for your upcoming vacation in Hawaii??? Double, no, triple YAY for that!! How fantastic that you'll be able to take such a wonderful family vacation!!!

Shelley said...

My heavens, you have been busy this week! I love how you've pulled every color out of the DP. It makes for a very cheerful card!

adziamar said...

Your card is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities this time.

Bonnie said...

There's a new butterfly challenge at
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ that's looking for butterflies, buttons and bows! This beauty looks like it was made for it!

Mrs A. said...

Your card just oozes summer colour. I love the CAS butterfly that you have been using. You have matched the colours to the backing paper perfectly. It's a lovely card for your friend to receive. Thank you for fluttering by again for #2.Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful! The idea of a Hawaiian vacation sounds fabulous!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm always late to join the craze too, so you just enjoy that doily die as long as you want to and don't worry what the other kids are playing with. Your card is very lovely, great colors and a fun design (doilies and all). The Hawaiian vacation sounds fun and relaxing!

nwilliams6 said...

Hawaii? Wow! I need to get some friends like that! I know you are all going to have the most fun! Super card - you might want to make them a few more - LOL! Hugz!