Thursday, February 20, 2014

Retro Sketch #122 A Little Bit Late

 photo FMpic1.jpg

I have seen many wonderful cards using this sketch so thought I would give it a try.

I just got some MME papers from their new Cut and Paste collection, and this paper brought a baby card to mind so I went with it.  My first attempt didn't make me happy so I dressed it up a bit for round two and am much happier with the outcome.

Since I am craving spring, out came my Verve Flutterby die - any excuse to use this die LOL!  The sentiment is from MFT's Happy Hello's dynamics which Debbie was ever so kind to send me - still lovin' my goodies, Debbie, hugs!!  Since I fudged the top part of the sketch a bit, I felt it needed a little "grounding" so I added a sentiment from Verve's Small Phrases set.

To keep things real, here is a picture of my first card.

FM Sketch photo FMpic2.jpg

Hoping you agree with my decision LOL!   Entering this into a new challenge called Butterflies and Flowers - hello!!  Two of my favorite things to use on cards :)

Thanks for popping by today!

Challenges:  Butterflies and Flowers


 
 
What's In It?
Stamps:   Small Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Cut and Paste (My Mind's Eye), Regal Rose, Sage Shadow, Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up),  
Ink:  Black   
Accessories: 
Flutterby and Scalloped Trim Trio Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Happy Hello Dynamics (My Favorite Things), Border Punch (Stampin' Up), Crimper (Fiskars), Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, White Half Pearls, Dimensionals   

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this crad Marisa. you got that sketch off to a 'T'! It's SO pretty with those gorggeous papers and the string of pearls is perfect! xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your colors make this card just sweet!

Benzi said...

I like both, Marisa. The second one is a bit more CAS which I like, but your little tag and button sentiment is really cute, too. I do like how you dressed up the first one, too. You know I love dots. Hard choice. They're both winners. I do like that sketch and may have to use it.

Speaking of Spring, it will be 76 degrees here today. Yea! But, with that come the storms tonight. :-(

Maureen said...

what a lovely spring card. With our warm days this week, more snow is melting and we can see grass!

cm said...

Pretty papers, pretty images, pretty cards! Your eye for combining papers is always spot-on- eye-catching! A new mom will delight in the first card and the second is guaranteed to be happy mail for whoever receives it. A Thursday morning brightened with my visit here!!
c

Tracey McNeely said...

Better late than never! beautiful spring card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely cards, Marisa! Love the fabulous CAS take on this weeks RS!

Mrs A. said...

Oh my you've used that lovely Verve butterfly die again. Have to say I agree with your choice of changing the card around slightly. If where not happy where not happy! Have just spent a day and a half faffing with a card until I got it right.
Thank you for fluttering in again with another card. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Shelley said...

Oh, I saw this sketch and wanted to do it, too. Just ran out of time. Yours is so soft and pretty. Super with that string of pearls!

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww... So sweet and dainty feeling. Very pretty.

Marianne said...

They are both lovely cards, Marisa. I guess we are our own worst critics LOL.

Sue said...

absolutely gorgeous Marisa!! love the soft pastel papers and the beautiful double boarder! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Oh this is precious Marisa. Sweet colors, papers, and design. Lovely in every way and perfect for a little baby girl. Hugz!

Lee-Anne said...

Love the pretty papers...you are so right about it being perfect for a baby card! Love the amped up card...especially the butterfly!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Serene, beautiful and love the take on the sketch too. It's a good one. x