Monday, February 10, 2014

Mojo Monday #332

Mojo 332 photo Mojo332picA.jpg

Today's Mojo Monday sketch was created by Debbie.  Love using tags on cards and with my love of hearts, this sketch was great fun to work with.

I use my beloved Jotted Heart die and the heart die from the Scalloped Trim Trio set, two of my favorite dies for sure!  The sentiment is from Love Notes and believe it or not, it's the first time it has seen ink - eeek!  Glad I remedied that!  Did a little recycling by using the punched out hearts from the scalloped trim die above the sentiment on my tag.  A twine bow and some buttons called it a card.

All the challenge details are over on the Mojo Monday blog and you can also view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.  
 

Enjoyed a much more relaxing weekend and today is Family Day so we are enjoying hanging out together today :)   Sure to be some Wii Sports challenges and if all goes well, a sushi dinner - yum! 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Challenges:  Simon Says 
                   The Pink Elephant

 
 
What's In It?
Stamps:   Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Yours Truly (Echo Park), Basic Grey (Stampin' Up),  
Ink: Black, Going Grey (Stampin' Up)  
Accessories: 
Jotted Heart and Scalloped Trim Trio Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Tag Die and Button Dies (PTI), Crimper (Fiskars), 5/8" Grey Satin Ribbon (Michael's), Twine, Button, Dimensionals

26 comments:

Lynn said...

I love those sweet little hearts and the adorable buttons...you are rocking the Valentines Marisa!

Åse-May said...

Lovely card....:)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty, the sentiment is fantastic!

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful work Marisa! Great sentiment, especially the timing of the love me do with the anniversary of the Beatles playing on the Ed Sullivan show!

Stampingcountry said...

Sweet Card! Really like your row of buttons.

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute Valentine. Enjoy the time with the family!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet Marisa!!!!

Benzi said...

Ooh, I love this card. The sentiment is fabulous and I really like your buttons.

Unknown said...

adore your choice of paper and colours - such a beautiful card

Maureen said...

I love the pop of green! I'm done with Valentines now and looking forward to spring!

Lee-Anne said...

So cute, Marisa...great mix of ribbons/buttons/paper!

Bonnie said...

Love that tag and the papers! And you've got me humming, Love, love me do, you know I love you....

Heather said...

A fabulous card Marisa, such pretty papers and I love the tag with gorgeous elements!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Jen Mitchell said...

My favorite: tags on cards! I love the hearts and sweet "buttons!"

Shelley said...

So sweet with all the buttons and love the sentiment! I watched the Beatles tribute last night...just love all their music.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oooo, I love this card Marisa. So many wonderful hearts and those sweet button dies - so pretty.
I hope you had a wonderful family day.How did the sushi turn out? ;)

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful! Love that you recycled the tiny hearts! I thought of you when I was crimping my jotted heart. :-)

cm said...

Beautiful, Marisa, truly beautiful! After looking at sooo many kids' themed Valentines, seeing a 'grown up' version is a refreshing treat! Your colour combination is so eye-catching and that single pop of green is *the* perfect special touch! Stunning! Oh yes, my 'XOXO' die is from My Creative Time. I have soooo many things from Emma...
c

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh this is so sweet and fun. You did such a great job with the sketch, too.

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Love your card for the Mojo Monday challenge. Thank you for the great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa, oh, I've missed so many gorgeous cards haven't I?! I've just scrolled down the page and they're all fab (as always!) I really love the blue and brown coffee one.

I'm so glad to hear your mum is okay after her accident - so frightening!
Thanks for leaving me a lovely message.
xx

Betty Wright said...

Just beautiful, Marisa! Love the black! Just makes it so much more dramatic!

nwilliams6 said...

Everything is so fun on this! Great papers, super tag, wonderful sentiment (really - I love that one), and the hearts and buttons are perfect. Cute! Happy Valentines tomorrow. Hugz!

Patti said...

Beautiful card!! I love the way you ties your ribbon on the tag : )

Patti

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this, Marisa!!! Love all the hearts. Hope you had a nice Valentine's day :)